"Thru hell and back again"

"Why Lord?"

Why must I suffer like this?

When will people take the stick out of their ass and let shit go?

I go down to wall street to get fingerprinted, my picture taken for an ID, and to submit a sample for a drug screening. This next assignment is for Deutsche Bank, and me working in a bank before, I know things are extra secure.

I get down there at around 9:30 and wait, so I could meet the other 2 girls I worked with at the UN. We were told to be there at 10, but they were a lil late. I decided to go in myself at 5 minutes to, the infomation desk had no record of the 3 of us...early sign that this was not gonna be easy. I stepped back out of the building and call my Team Leader when one of girls finally arrived at 10:05, we caught up with what was going on (She still owed me an order of Body Paint!) and on the advice of our Team Leader, we decided to try again...

We tried to name some contact names and mentioned the company we were from, and after a little bit of checking, they found our appointments listed for 8am instead of 10!

We went through a lot of paper work and then went to the clinic and there was a problem. My Non-Driver's ID was expired. I have a old one that didn't expire but it has my old address on it. I had JUST mailed the change-of-address form to the DMV this week, knowing sooner or later an issue like this would come up. The chick in charge of the results said they can't release them to the bank if I don't have a valid ID, Passport of My Birth Certificate. They told me I could come back by 4:30 if could find it, so I had to go back home and tear my place apart till I found it and went back down there by 2.

I wanted to meet JOE for lunch afterwards, but he was too busy with some "End of the Month" Bullshit...SO, to save myself a measely 2 bucks from my metrocard, I WALKED up Broadway a good 30 blocks to Houston where I grabbed the bus home on a free transfer, time counsuming, yes but what the hell.

To top it all, it's not 100% clear if we start monday, my guess is they'll wait this the results come in and maybe we'll start tuesday or wednesday.

God, what an ordeal...my feet are killing me.

I've GOT to get my papers in order...where's a shoebox when you need one?

Comments

2 Comments:

  • At 8:53 AM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    30 blocks? What's that like 7miles? Aw.hell.no.

    Lucky for you though, it's getting warmer outside...in the winter? Wouldn't catch me doin' that.

     
  • At 8:57 AM, Blogger Les said…

    Yeah, my feet were smoking when I got home...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home