"Bookends."

I got called back to work today, things are a little better than they were on monday, but the assignment has barely taken off the ground. We were able to keep busy the whole day, but there are still a LOT of problems popping up every 10-15 minutes. I'm trying to keep my flaps on the road and just be the good race horse, do what I'm there to do...Scan Documents.

The team setup is still to be determined. The two girls from the last couple of projects are back, but our Team Leader may be reassigned to another project once things get smooth. This gig is only expected to last three weeks (Simular to the Wall Street project Last November). The reason my Team Leader won't be with us too long is because part of this assignment takes place in ANOTHER LOCATION...and she's needed there. AND, I don't want to jump the gun, BUT there is a small chance that if we finish at this midtown office, the team may also be sent OVER THERE (No gurarantee, thou!)...you wanna know where that location is?...Why am I pointing it out with such a flair for the dramatic?....

Because it's down in FREAKING M-I-AMI FREAKING FLORDIA!!!!...WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (20 seconds of hyperventatlating)...*gasp*, Gasp*, whoo...okay, don't get excited, you're not down there, yet...your team leader is not there, yet...BUT JUST THE THOUGHT, MAN!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH (ANOTHER 20 seconds of hyperventatlating)....Shut UP, Man, CHILL *SLAP*...okay I'm calm again...

and SINCE this assignment is so short and questionable, I also don't feel guilty still collecting my unemployment insurance. I just got approved for six months, WHO knows if I'll be working by June or July? So i'm double dipping here...hell I need the money, I'm trying to move back out, remember?!?!?

So, that's the dilly, no big plans this weekend with Mother's Day here in all...

Psycho-Sys wants to make MOM dinner at her place as a suprise, SO I have to pretend to be going over there to fix something so we can all be together...

Dunno, what I can get mom this year, she never appreciates the gifts I get her...

Mother's day is such a headache every year...Me and Psycho-Sis get into a fight becuase of my opinion that SHE IS NOT A REAL MOTHER...this offends her and she starts crying and I always storm off, it's the same ol' song and dance...

On a Brighter note, I have my Roots concert at Radio City next week. I plan to make a special 512MB Memmory Card for my MP3 Player with ALL the greatest songs by The ROOTS, MOS DEF, and ERYKAH BADU, to get in the mood, so look for a change in the MP3 Playlist soon...

Before I finish, I gotta say it one more time...

Miami....

(20 seconds of hyperventatlating)

CALM DOWN YOU STUPID FOOL, *SLAP!*

Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home