"Heads you live, Tails you Die..."

Just saw this intresting movie tonight I rented over the weekend. It's called "Domino", it stars Keira "I'm-so-glad-they-don't-know-me-from-that-soccer-flick-anymore Knightley, Mickey Rourke (Mr. Bad Ass from "Sin City") and a whole other bunch of rag-tag B-List/A-List actors. It's directed by Tony "Shakey, Blinky, Flashbacks & Big Subtitles" Scott from "Man on Fire" fame...

Keira plays this spoiled rich girl turned Bounty Hunter in a bizzare tale that includes the Mob, the FBI, and a 10 million Dollar heist. Seeing this movie makes you think about the decisions you make in life and the consequences they bring.

He we have a woman given everything in life and she chucks it all away for kicks...

People do this type of thing all the time. They want to make it in the big city...so they fill up a suitcase and buy a one way ticket somewhere, caution to the wind.

I consider myself a person that thinks on his toes, someone who (Conscience willing) will do whatever it takes to get through the day. Not survive mind you, just to get by. My outlook for the future is so bleak I only take one day at a time, becuase what's the point in planning something for the long haul if you're not promised tomorrow?

I mean, I know god up there has a Loooooooong and tormented plan for me which makes me believe I will live damn near forever till I'm begging for the calm hand of death to take me and then I'll live some more...so what's stopping me from walking out of this reteched existance to give fate a turn on the world out there.

At the rate I'm going, I might as well...find a place that suits me...L.A.?, Seattle?, Alaska?, Hawaii?. It would have to be in the states because I don't think I can live an unamerican life. Meric, different currency, differnt customs.

I like to read, write, and I'm good with computers...I would love to just work in a small bookstore somewhere, or a library again...just a simple life.

I know it's just a movie, but the more I read, see and hear about Bounty Hunting...(Cowboy Bebop, Dog the Bounty Hunter (NO, I don't watch it, just heard about it...), HBO's Family Bonds, those Stephanie Plum novels...) the more curious I am about it. I could always be those intel nerds tracking people down by hacking the DMV Database and such...

As trippy and inspiring as it was, I'm not going to burn a copy for myself. Sometimes the most influential films are those you only see once, or not even, but you've heard of it and it changes your outlook in life. Movies like "To kill a Mockingbird", "Dancer in the Dark", "Vanilla Sky", dare I even say "Crash"...then, they're others you become obessed with and you watch all the time, like in my case..."HEAT" (Which I've watched for the 16th time this year so far...).

I recommend to everyone you see ("Domino", I mean, not "HEAT") it at least once, it was pretty good. Makes me wish I saw it in the theater.

Man, why the fuck can I have friends to sit around watch movies with and discuss? I need to have my own TV show on IFC or something...

or find a girlfriend who goes to film school.

PS, I thought it was kinda sexy the way Keira used her accent to say the repeated line "I'm a Bon-tee Hun-tah" (I'm a Bounty Hunter)...Hot!

Comments

1 Comments:

  • At 6:41 AM, Blogger Firestarter5 said…

    You can team up with Dog: The Bounty Hunter in Hawaii. He makes good money...to bad he doesn't spend it on decent clothe's or a haircut that was developed in the 80's.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home