"This is my Mission, and I choose to Accept It"

It's offically been 30 days since I've last worked.

And even though I've taken the drug test for the next assignment at this German bank I still havent heard from Secacus about a starting date.

SO, I started a claim for Unemployment this morning.

I still got around 800 in the bank, but the hell with that.

I call JOE at work to see if he's up for MI:3, he gives the routine song and dance about work, "...too busy, blah, blah, blah..." Then he lays a bomb on me...

"YO, I might be moving."

I was like "Moving to a new building at work?...moving to a new house..."

"Moving at home..."

So I said "Where?"

"Out of State."

"You moving up to Massachusetts? To be closer to wifey's family?"

"Nah, Moving to Florida."

I shake that off quick..."Please. You've been saying that for two..."

"I got an Interviews" he interrupts, "I'm goin down on the 15th..."

"AFTER Mother's Day?" I asked.

"I was thinking of asking you to come with me..."

Now, THAT blew my mind...he brought the ticket already...He was really freaking serious.

"Dude, I'll come out to LI to see you, Tomorrow..." I said, and then he hung up.


Now, putting that out of my mind, I SHOULD have just went to the movies MYSELF, hopped a few theaters, catch "Silent Hill", maybe even "RV" and probably "Scary Movie 4"...but NO!...I stayed inside on this beaUtiful day to mope around the house. Thinking of what to do with my free time if the Unemployment kicks in...

*Get my Motorcycle Driver's Licene so I can finally get a bike one day.
*Take up a class at night to learn something...
*Devote my life to being a Party Promoter, climb my way to the upper class and forget everybody I ever known and loved as a child growing behind.
*Sell My comics to clear up space in my room and get some extra money...
*

Anyway, after wasting the entire afternoon doing nothing, Psycho-Sis brings over my niece at 7:30. She talks mom into going down to a soul food place down in harlem for dinner so the 3 of them go off to catch a cab downtown.

15 minutes later MOM calls my cell phone from my sister's phone...

I still can't believe this story as I'm preparing to type it...

It seems that the cab that was in front of the house wasn't THEIR cab picking them up to go to 125th Street. It was another cab to take a little boy home from my neighbor's apartment down the hall (The cabbie was waiting for someone from the same floor...), so in light of the Mix up, Mom, Psycho-Sis and Baby Girl climb out of the cab and let the kid get in and take off. THEN the right cab comes and takes them down to the soul food place where MOM realizes she doesn't have her keys!

She calls me in a panic and asks me to search the house for them. When I can't find them she then thinks she left them if the first cab (That took the little boy...). She then tells me to go down the hall and ask these neighbors (That I barely know!) the phone number to the cab company they called. Wondering if I'm in the Twilight Zone, I walk down the hallway and try to explain the situation (They barely speak ANY english!)...MOM's blowing up my cell, scared as hell...when I get the cab company's number, the damn dispatcher gives me a hard time because the cab's not responding and he's working the switchboard. I try to tell him how important it is and he tells me the car may make a run back to our building so I wait outside for a hour...

Mom calls again and I tell her what they told me, she says they're turning around and coming back. I wait and wait, no cab comes back, and then MOM and company arrive in yet another cab. I give her the phone number and she decides to stay outside and wait, while me and Psycho-Sis goes upstairs. We get upstairs and Psycho-Sis looks around the house again...AND FINDS THE DAMN KEYS!

MOM comes back upstairs, I let her have it for driving me crazy and having me trying to talk to people I don't even know...letting her know how senile she is! What would have done if I wasn't here?...WHY the hell did they need to go down to 125th Street for dinner?, WHY DO they have to take CAB'S EVERYWHERE!, and WHY DOES MY IDIOT MOTHER LET PSYCHO-SIS MANIPULATE HER ALL THE TIME!!!

I can't them anymore, all three of them...

I'd almost believe JOE going down to Florida is a sign for ME, but it's too damn HOT for me to EVEN consider living down there! No freaking way!

BUT I definately should consider SOMEPLACE else...Maybe Philly...

Comments

1 Comments:

  • At 1:55 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    Philly? What the hell is in Philly? I hear they got good sammiches. Bonus!

    Your momma is a trip....I laughed out loud at the whole "go down to Harlem for some soul food"....dude, you just don't hear stuff like that in my hood. [my hood = suburbia with all the dorky ass polo shirts and matching cars] you're lucky-you have culture all around you. I have corn fields and soy beans.

    I'd go with Joe to Fl if I were you. Some sun and the beach will do your soul some good. Even if it's only for a day or two. A chance to reconnect with your friend and lay in the sun? Oh yeah!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home