"Planes, Pains, and Coinencidences"

Boy.

Life throws curveballs at you.

The trip home was something out of a John Hughes film.

After fine weather 95% of the time we were down here...NOW, NOW it starts to storm.

We left the city limits around 12:45pm and once we hit the highway...it just started raining, HARD, out of thin air! Buckets, crazy buckets, with lightning too!

NOT the best weather to be flying in!

We get to the airport and it's obvious the two girls got a little crazy souvineir shopping and their carry-on's were more than they could bear. So after helping them carry some stuff (Along with MY stuff), we checked in, went throught the secruity checks and waited at the gate.

Our flight was scheduled for 2:20pm, but naturally due to the weather, we had to wait, and wait, and wait...

Around 3:30 they finally started boarding, we thought the worst was over...WRONG!

The 3 of us were sat together this flight (Coming to Miami, I was rows away from the girls and was lucky enough to have the 3-seat row all to myself...) and naturally I was a bit scrunching up on the end to give the girls room next to me. We were then told there would be some more waiting as the storm was making it's distance from the airport (Apparently lighting has to strike more than 5 miles away before a plane can take off...). While waiting a flight attendant notices my situation and tries to help. There was an empty row two ahead of us so I moved up and sat there. Just like last time, I had some "Elbow Room" as we waited, and waited somemore.

Things went from bad to worst when more passengers boarded the plane very late, and sure enough, those seats were NOT vacant. How embrassing, to be in someone else's seat, and to make things worst, some one took my original seat next to the girls! SO we're doing the ol' shell game to get back in order, I make my "I'm sorry's" and explain how the flight attendent made me take the seats when someone recognizes my voice and calls me by my name...

I look up and WHO should it be, but the LOVE OF MY LIFE, IRENE, Miss. "Ft. Lauderdale"!!!! WHAT A SMALL WORLD! I remember her mentioning she was going back home on a tuesday, what are the odds our team got booked on her flight! I totally freak out, we talk for a bit, she had her crew of friends too she spent time with. The delay drags on for a long time so we catch up a bit, I take this time to give her the MOJITOS's glass as a belated-birthday present, she loves it and my heart starts doing Cuba-Gooding, Jr.-Backflips. I felt so embrassed and off-guard seeing her in front of my co-workers, but it was also the best thing to happen to me. I almost felt if the plane went down, it would be an honor to die with her on the same plane...THAT's how much she means to me.

YOU WOULDN'T believe it, but our 2:20pm flight to New York took off at 8PM, yes, a 5 and a half hour delay. To an expirenced flyer that might not sound bad, but for us...it was HELL, pure hell!

Well, to put a long story short, the flight landed at around 10:30pm where we all agreed to call in tomorrow (or today in this case) from work. Rather than deal with a cab and tolls, I called for a SuperShuttle to take me home. The wait took till midnight, and at 1am, I returned home and had a half-hearted welcome by my beloved cat, Indy and MOM's Sumo Cat, Peanut. I imagined Indy would jump right into my arms, but it felt like he said "Oh, it's you...glad to have ya back, sort of."

Today, I unpacked and went out to get a new bed. It was great to be back home, even though mom went nuts and had the bathroom and her bedroom painted...the whole house smells like paint and everything's in the living room.

The most depressing thing was clearing out my Cell Phone numbers of the important numbers down in Miami, while I was at it, I erased JOE's numbers, too, just kept his cell phone.

It really hurt erasing his Job Number and his old house number...it's the end...I'm never gonna hear from him again,

I...

AM,

alone...all alone...and now it's time to get back to work.

Comments

2 Comments:

  • At 8:01 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    Just because he moved doesn't mean you'll never see him again. Cheer up.

    Did you get a bed?

     
  • At 8:15 PM, Blogger Les said…

    Yes, a new bed, only I miss my couch...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home