"Rolling with the BIG DOGS, sippin MOJITOS and hitting STRIKES in MIAMI"

It's 1:30 in the morning...

I'm wearing a paper neon wristband and I have an "S" scribbled on the back of my hand.

That's they only thing I have on because I'm sitting in my room naked as I type this. (Sorry for the mental picture...)

The girls and I went off to Dolphin Mall today at around 3pm...

We've been to Dadeland, and Bayside and scoured around a few downtown miami store avenues, but have been less than impressed with what they call a MALL down here...

Dolphin was supposed to be the ultimate expirence.

Considering how much it was to get there by cab...DAMN! The girls had been used to splitting 35 to 40 dollar cab rides between them, going to exotic nightclubs when they could, I was not. 40 doesn't divide well into 3 for starters, but I'm no penny pincher, I just wanted to explore!

This place was nice....for one thing, it had TWO floors. A mall is not a mall if it's on one level, I don't care HOW many stores are stretched from A to B.

I started at FYE, I've been tagging along with the girls as they shop store to store and it was driving me crazy! So this time we agreed to keep our cell phones on and call once in awhile to see where we at...

I really wasn't in a music mood (I downloaded Nelly Furtado's album last week and it was a real game of Hit and Miss), but I was hutting for Season 1 of "The Boondocks" on DVD. Rumor had it dropping around this time...

My efforts was dashed as apprently it was pushed back a few weeks to be released on July 25th (I bet my Spanish Spot on St. Nicholas has it out already...)

After looking through the DVD's I checked out what MP3 players they had. I love my ol' RIO CALI that I got from X-mas 2003 but it's capabilities are limited. She can't handle the new SD Memory Cards that are coming out to hold more music. I needed something that could hold cards 1gb and higher.

Nowadays it hard to FIND a player with a expansion slot! Everything's gone Internal Memory! It's because of that damn iPod crap...I've sworn never to give one more dime to Apple after years of wasting money and admiration "Playing" with primitive, Pre-PC Buckets of Bolts home computers like the Apple 2e!!! I refuse to subscribe to iTunes and be a pawn of the recording industry...Free Expression, Free Music, Freedom! Forever!!!! Okay, I'm getting a little off base here with my "V for Vendetta" flow here, calm down...."Remember, remember, the 5th of November..."

ANYway...a few sorry looking mp3 players and I was gone....

After roaming around being very impressed by this mall, I found a store that spoke to me...it was called BIG DOGS and it catered to non-averaged gentlemen such as myself. Upon a few minutes looking in, my cell phone screamed to life with a call...

The ladies were already hungary and wanted to eat.

The PR Motormouth wanted to go to this famous Cuban Cuisine place called MOJITOS, I was lucky enough to eat some french fries without a problem. After lunch we split up again, I went back to BIG DOGS and brought a few shirts and a mock Football Jersey. I found out there was a borders nearby (Finally! a Mall with a damn Book store!!!), but it was at the edge of the mall near the parking lot and soundstage. I headed my way and noticed that a storm had started. Thunder, lightning, the works.

Well, best thing to do in a storm is to wait it out. Made my way to borders without getting wet and checked out the books. After a lot of walking around, we met back at MOJITOS at 8pm. We sat in the outer patio area of the place. Motormouth wanted to get twisted before bowling...

We sat and watch her drink four MOJITOS that came in a special glass with the place's name on it. I'd figure the glass would be a nice souvinir so she let me have one.

at 10pm we went upstairs where they had a bowling alley and a movie theater. A movie down here costs 9.00 still which was a bit of a shock. The Line was long as hell, I was so glad we weren't thinking to see "Click" or "Waist Deep"...

After 9pm, STRIKES MIAMI becomes a club/lounge so there was actually a cover just to get in. Then we had to wait to get a lane. They used the ol' Lighting Disc waiting system a'la Red Lobster. While waiting we had some pizza and the motormouth got flirty with some of the waiters. The place was nice, flat screens everywhere tuned to sports channels, TBS and the Cartoon Network, it was of the hook!

I paid for 2 hours and we started playing around a little after 11pm...

It was the first time the Team Leader from Senegal ever played, and she was pretty good...we played 4 games, NONE of us even broke 100 but we had fun. I wish I could get back in a Bowling Meetup, those snobs for the New York one always wanting to play at Chelsea Piers kicked me off after missing two meetings.

By the time we came out the storm had passed and we got another cab back to city.

This was probably our last adventure together...sundays the girls sleep in, and I wanted to hit the beach one last time. Come monday, we'll finish up and prepare to go back home on tuesday.

Comments

1 Comments:

  • At 9:30 PM, Blogger Firestarter5 said…

    So all in all, it sounded like a good trip.

    I still don't recognize the name of one store you mentioned....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home