"Steppin on Toes..."

Been a week out here, and already my co-workers are pissing me off.

"He don't eat meat", "He eat too much junk food", "He takes his clothes to the cleaners rather than using the washing machine", They pick on me about every lil' thing I do...

We went to a club called "Bongos" saturday and it didn't go well...the scene wasn't for us. Too much Salsa, chicks dancing on speakers like they on SOUL TRAIN, it just wasn't our scene.

Sunday I wanted to check out the Library. Unfortunately it was closed for the summer on sundays! It was at this point we got any early taste of that Tropical Storm that was heading our way...It rained HARD and fast during the afternoon. Having an umbrella didn't help!

Still, I was out there, walking around dying to explore.

When I found out the library was closed I decided to try and ride the "MetroRail" train. This was simular to trains in New York, it costs 1.50 to ride and it's elevated like the LOOPS. Looking on the map, I found a mall south of us called Dadeland Mall, I decided to check it out.

I took the MetroRail 6 stops to Dadeland North where I found a 6 Store Shopping center just shy before the mall...There was a Target, Bed, Bath, and Beyond, Best Buy, Michael's, and a Thomasville...the last two seem to be locals, but it was enough to get me off the train and look around.

After browsing around Target, I headed back and saw more store outlets on the train ride back...This path was simular to "Fordham Road" in the Bronx with various places to shop.

I told the girls about what I found and we went back yesterday to see the Mall for itself. It was nice, kind of ordinary by our standards, but still nice.

We'd agreed to come out one more time to really shop when we get paid on friday.

As for now, like I said, a week in, we're starting to get on each other's nerves.

Which makes me wonder about the rumors I'm hearing out our possible NEXT assignment!!!

There's talk about a 4 or 5 MONTH stint in....OHIO!!!! of all places.

Wow, talk about beans to buckeyes...If I get shipped out there next, we'll definately need some sort of car service!...OHIO....brrrrrr, scary!

As for everything else...taking it day by day...I miss everyone, 'specially INDY, been trying to get my ITCH scratched down here, but it's slim pickings...

Miami is home to Stepford Wives central...blond, skinny, and plain...nothing exotic with any meat on their bones!

More to come, soon...PEACE!!

Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home