"50 FILMS TO SEE BEFORE YOU DIE"

This is such bullshit...I think I've seen only 4 on this list, someone please tell me if any of these others are actually worth seeing!

1 Apocalypse Now
2 The Apartment
3 City of God
4 Chinatown
5 Sexy Beast
6 2001: A Space Odyssey
7 North by Northwest
8 A Bout de Souffle
9 Donnie Darko
10 Manhattan
*11 Alien
12 Lost in Translation
*13 The Shawshank Redemption
14 Lagaan: Once Upon A Time in India
*15 Pulp Fiction
*16 Touch of Evil
17 Walkabout
18 Black Narcissus
*19 Boyz n the Hood
20 The Player
21 Come and See
22 Heavenly Creatures
23 A Night at the Opera
24 Erin Brockovich
25 Trainspotting
*26 The Breakfast Club
27 Hero
28 Fanny and Alexander
29 Pink Flamingos
30 All About Eve
*31 Scarface
*32 Terminator 2
33 Three Colours: Blue
*34 The Royal Tenen-baums
35 The Ladykillers
*36 Fight Club
37 The Searchers
38 Mulholland Drive
39 The Ipcress File
40 The King of Comedy
*41 Manhunter
42 Dawn of the Dead
43 Princess Mononoke
44 Raising Arizona
45 Cabaret
46 This Sporting Life
47 Brazil
48 Aguirre: The Wrath of God
49 Secrets and Lies
50 Badlands.

Okay, I've seen 11(*), but still this is some bull, some on the list I've only seen pieces of or just heard of them by reputation, but seriously, this list does not represent the paramount of modern day cinema, is Robert DeNiro in any of these pictures?, Al Pacino is represented in Scarface, but that's it!, and what about the african-americans? Boyz n the hood?, that above all movies is the film picked to repesent us and our struggles?...I wasn't raised in LA! I never had to worry about police helicopters flying low over my damn head! And what the hell is Erin Brockovich doing in this list?!?!?...Friggin Travolta in "A civil action" was better than that piece of crap. There're a couple of foreign films in there I have no clue about that I might investigate one day, but this list is a crock. No Star Wars?, no Lord of the Rings? Plus, they have the wrong Michael Mann movie up there, "Manhunter" was great, but "HEAT" will always have Mann imortalized for eternity. Sometimes I can't believe the crap that gets printed.

P.S. I just learned that they are making a "HEAT" video game...yes, those are tears in my eye...(*snif*)

Comments

1 Comments:

  • At 9:27 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    I think I've seen 2 of these.

    Where's the chick flicks?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home