"Look...*BANG!!!*...An undead Monkey....Top That!

It was so damn hot yesterday. I'm talking "Martin Lawrence Fainting" hot. I picked the worst day for a job interview. And of course with me, it's "everything that could go wrong did"...The Dry Cleaners did my shirt at the last minute despite me leaving it with them friday, I couldn't find anything to hold my resume in (I'm going to staples first thing to get a leather covered ledger-type folder!) I couldn't remember the addresses of my references, the building itself was a mystery to find due to some construction work!

HOWEVER...

They did seem impressed with me and were pretty much ready to give me the position...

the question was do it want it!?!?!?

There are a few factors in play, which they broke it down for me...

1) I would be standing, ALL the time! No chairs, stools or anything! Working on the scanner or computer on my feet for nearly 10 hours a day! *WHEW* Talk about "Prison Rules!"...well, I had to stand when I was a clerk for the library, checking out books, but that was for up to 2 hours at a time...

2) The hours are from 7am to 6pm for four days a week, then the next 3 days you're off, this INCLUDES weekends!...can you say "Kathy Lee Sweatshop" anyone? It may take a lil getting used to, and they mentioned 10 minute breaks every 2 hours...and to work 4 times and have the next 3 to yourself may come in handy...

here's the clincher...

3) Starting salary... 9.00 an hour *SCREEEEECH*...okay stop the bus!

but lemme think...it's perm, right?...always there no matter what, so I start at the bottom of the barrel again, I can work my way up, right? Big A-List actors take the pay cut to do an independent film once in a while...still...$9 is like peanuts compared to what IPS is paying me, even if it's off & on...

MOM wanted to smack me on the head for being so "Snobby", she said she's had to swallow her pride a couple of times...

there are some other issues like overtime, the workflow and the fact that for some bizarre reason I'll be only the 2nd guy in a work force of 7. Six women, huh?...meh, no problem, just hope no diva shit happens and I go through some more "Work Politcs" animosity that has followed me around wherever I've worked at...People have always been intimitated and threated by my work ethic and end up consipring against me for no apparent reason.

So, that was the interview, I mentioned that with my expirence, I'm worth at least 10.00 per hour, the supervisor said "He'll see what he can do" (Which usually means NO) and they'll mail me a formal Job Offer and if I accept I'll have to go through a drug screening (again...) and then I'm in...just like that! We'll see...

Imma still keep on looking, in the meantime, I'd thought I would elaborate on some of the main things mentioned the "Fastball Special" post...

The whole JOE's Sister-thing has got me vexed (Yes, I said vexed, what?)

Seeing her at the hospital lobby with JOE, her eyes just lit up when she recognized me. I couldn't help to notice, she was checking me out! Sorta like in "Lethal Weapon", Danny Glover's oldest daughter developing a crush on Mel Gibson...what the hell do you do in that situation? She used to be this skinny, little runt of a tomboy, always tagging along with JOE and the rest of the gang, trying to get into what we were doing, Video Games, Riding Dirt Bikes and crap. She's gone through an Anna-Nicole type stage growing up, she got a bit chubby while being depressed at one point, but then she slimmed down again and has a nice shape on her.

When JOE went up to see his father, his mother went back with him, so the sister (Damn, lemme think of a name here, don't wanna use the real name...) stayed with me in the lobby. To try and keep a nice conversatition going (and kill time, I guess...) (Sandy?...no, Cindy, yeah, cindy like in the Brady Bunch!) CINDY kept asking questions about me (Could she be any more obvious?!?!?). She asked if I was still into video games, If I was seeing someone, what kind of girl am I looking for, all while making these "Google Eyes" at me...

Again, I can even imagine being with CINDY, she's my best friend's little sister...you just don't do that! I just hope she don't try and stalk me now...

Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home