"...So just clean out your ears and just check the word"

Still aching from the pain of realizing I won't be at that TRIBE concert, I found my self seaching for new music to pump...

#1 Pharell's new album is wack as hell. I'm sorry, with beats like his I was expecting EPIC shit, he need to get back with that asian dude and bring back N.E.R.D.

2! I don't know if I said this before but P!nk's new album is the shit! I'm really bonding with my inner angry-independant-lesbian-woman listening to her stuff!

Nelly Furtado's album was like a game of BATTLESHIP (Hit & Miss), she's got 2 strong singles under the belt. MANEATER may be 2006's "Hollaback Girl", I just hope I don't see Nelly in a cheerleader outfit for the video.

Speaking of Mrs. Furtado, Fergie called she wants her style back cuz SHE's working on a solo album of her own! My god has it been that long? Who's next the pale chick from Evenesence?, nah just kiddlin Fergster, do you...I've been with da 'peas since you were in that OTHER band so if you outgrow them and move on, I'll still follow 'em.

I swear, this year, I've actually brought only 2 CD's so far (Ghostface's "Fishscale" & the latest from The 5 Browns) and I haven't even opened them yet! (They're still in a bag I've yet to unpack from miami...).

Around the corner is my crew, THE ROOTS with Game Theory, on a sneak listen it sounds pretty good, I'll worship it like scripture but it won't get any airplay on radio or MTV and VH1...then there's Jurassic 5 with FEEDBACK, there was a time when albums from these 2 (ROOTS AND J5) were 6 months apart so they could both prosper, what is up with them both coming out at the same time?

I'm REAL close to buying Busta's BIG BANG CD, only to hear the new songs he added to spite the early bootleg copies that floated out there. Something tells me he's gonna suffer from the "MOBB DEEP Syndrome" when the bootleg out shines the original.

Then there's DARK MAN X (DMX). Anyone wanna tell me why BET is taking the time to show what goes on in the head of THIS manic?, jus kiddin' "Year of the dog...Again" (Nice title, by the way) promises to be "Classic X" if you into that, me? I could live with or without it.

SO, in new discovered artist and music, this year I've gotten into Richard Ashcroft and J*Davey...now I present to you a new artist I have come to discover...with a SOUND of their own!

It's just something about the name of a group that draws your attention. And taking the title from "The Black Eyed Peas" for weirdest (or stupidest by some people's standards, not mine, thou) name are...the "Gym Class Heroes".

These 4 dudes are from New York (Not the city, somewhere in the outskirts of the city limits) and their sound fuses Pop, Lite Rock, R&B and dare I say a little bit of RAP! Guitar riffs, rocking drum beats and dash of electronica synths these guys make you scratch your head as you bob it back and forth...

Road Runner(My Cable Broadband ISP) put me on their second and latest album that just came out, "As cruel as School Children" which had a "Leaders of a New School" feel (Song tracks are called "periods", just like high school!). After hearing samples I went back and downloaded their first album, "The Papercut Chronicles" which was an impressive debut. Now, maybe it's becuase i'm into out-there-shit as it is, but I was refreshed by this new sound and the trip away from the ordinary. I recommend it it anyone else out there reading this.

Peace, ya'll!

Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home