Going Ga-Ga for Moby, Again...



Moby's coming to Central Park! And around my Birthday, too...September 22nd.

I dunno If imma go, a lotta DJ's listed on that set (I've heard of Digweed, but don't know any of his songs or remixes...). It's nice to see the MOBster (Not Mobster like John Gotti, the MOBster, long "O") getting back to his DJing roots. Lotta people don't consider him a DJ/Producer anymore since he began singing to his own songs. In hip-hop it's understandable (Kayne, Puffy, Pharell, Timberland even...), but Dance and Techno, once you step from behind those turntables, there's usually no goin' back.

I had just missed an Opportunity-of-a-Lifetime this past week! On the 24th, MOBY & THE ROOTS were doing a event at The Crowbar for the release of a Book about the Katrina Victums, There was a special reading by Actress Julia Stiles as well as performances, that would have been nice.

The ROOTS were even on THE MORNING SHOW in CBS this morining...BUT, I had nodded off before seeing them perform! (DAMN!)

Psycho-Sis is heading down to Richmond, VA to pick up Baby Girl from her summer vacation down in North Carolina, the lil pain in the butt will be turing EIGHT tuesday. My god, I can't believe it's been 8 years already, I'm getting so old, it's scary....

Comments

3 Comments:

  • At 6:16 PM, Blogger Firestarter5 said…

    It's worth the money just to go hear Benny Benassi.

     
  • At 6:52 PM, Blogger Les said…

    Is he good? What's he known for? Any famous remixes or works in movies or TV shows?

     
  • At 10:09 PM, Blogger Firestarter5 said…

    I think he mainly does original stuff. I don't think he does anything for flicks or tv.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home