"Oh, man....It's time to Kick some Teeth in!"


A long time ago, when I was faithfull to Nintendo...JOE showed me this unique fighting game on the Playstation that had amazing scenmatic scenes for intros and endings. Every time he played the game, he used some Hong Kong dude that would scream out his name when doing a killer move...JOE yelled it so much it became a catch phrase..."LEI WULONG!!!!". The game was nothing I had ever seen before, I mean, it totally blew away Mortal Kombat or Killer Instinct. JOE played it for hours with different chrarcters just to see their endings (Well, he'd work his way to the final boss with LEI, then switch at the last fight). Something about that game stuck in my mind, made a good impression. Since then the game has ONLY been available on a Playstation console (With the exception of one title for the Game Boy Advance...), that game was TEKKEN and now all these years later, it has been released for the PSP.

First off, lemme say this..."I am NOT a Video Game Fighter expert." I'm sorta good at Mortal Kombat 1 and 2 (3 SUCKED!), I think the best fighting game I'm a master a is Ninja Turtles:Tournament Fighters for the SUPER NINTENDO!

Back to TEKKEN, this game...it doesn't matter. They have pratice modes, tutorals, DoJo's (Schools), the works. It's 3D fighting with easy side-steping mechanisims rather that ol' school 2D Street Fighter/Marvel CAPCOM clones with crazy ass combos, jumping 75 feet in the air doing 16 air combos and other wrist breaking physics defying bullshit. There are various levels of play, so you can boost your ego a little by playing on easy then work your way up a bit. There are SO many extras to discover as you play you can never get tired of it! There's a money system (Rather than points) so you can buy extras after fights. The mini-games are fun (They Have Bowling!) and can teach you to fight better. When you get better, you can challenege other online (And probably get your ass kicked by a 10 year old.)

This is probably the hottest game to come out for the PSP since SOCOM. I was hoping to get Def Jam's Fight for NY Hip Hop fighting game before even considering Tekken, but it kept getting pushed back (I wonder if it's gonna come out at all, now!). The only other anticipated game coming for the PSP, now is probably "Grand Theft Auto:Vice City Stories". I tried Liberty City, and really got pissed with the Driving Mission (Tailing someone, or Making the Getaway from the Cops). They never appealed to me much.

This Tekken, this here's the Cat's Pajama's, man...They got this Brazillian Hip-Hop dude, Eddy Gordo that can do Windmills, Handstands, and Helicopter Kicks like Chun-Li! These characters may be old news to the Tekken fans that have played the last 4 games, they're new to me. I gotta call JOE and let him know, and then figure out a player I can chose that can beat LEI WULONG!!!!!!

Comments

2 Comments:

  • At 8:13 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    I remember when my son first started playing on game consoles when he was about 3 he useta play Tekken all the time. And Mortal Kombat. He liked the fighting games.

    Now all he plays is football and basketball.

    I guess they're about the same...fighting/hitting/testosterone.

     
  • At 9:53 PM, Blogger Firestarter5 said…

    I had matchbox cars and would play outside in the dirt....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home