*sigh*

I couldn't turn on the TV all morning. It was all just too much. I still remember getting ready to do that training seminar back at HealthFirst that day. Remember feeling that first vibration at 8:46 thinking it was the Air Conditioning backing up. Remember hearing about the 1st plane and thinking of the Aalyiah Tragedy...and then feeling the whole floor shake for a tenth of a second. I was there, a part of history...happening before my eyes.

I didn't wanna think about it today, so I did the least likely of things...

I did Laundry.

Every 3 months I usually do the usual "Underwear and Socks" bit, but today, I just did EVERYTHING.

Towels, bedsheets, white socks, and a baby load of 6 pairs of black dress socks. I didn't even use the building's laundromat, I went outside.

I was done by 3:30pm (Considering I left at 10am...), when MOM came home she nearly fainted out of sarcasm.

"Why'd you pick today to do all this?" she asked.

I just shrugged, "Because I wanted something to do all day." I answered.

And you know, it didn't hit me till today, me being all excited and all, but I'M GOING RIGHT BACK DOWN THERE. I'll be two blocks away. What are the odds something ELSE may happen...if and when a new building gets made...

True, I'll be there at night, but you never know, man...

makes you think.

Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home