"Stone by Day, Warriors at NIGHT!!!!"

Today I turned off my cell phone and SLEPT the entire day!

The first taste of freedom, no longer waiting by the cell phone for THE CALL, no sirree BOB!

I was going back, back...to the Future!

My blog entries have been ridicously long as of late, I don't know where I'm getting all this writing from? Maybe I should use it to work back on my TV Show...and perhaps it's because I finally rented "FEAR AND LOATHING IN LAS VEGAS" and watched it 4 times in the last two days.

The DVD is so scratched up, I can't even burn a copy, so I plan to buy a copy when I go shopping (Maybe for my Birthday...)

Meanwhile, lets talk about the new job at the Bank of New York.

It appears to be a simple position, they need a scanner operator for their Lockbox department. I'll have to scan batches of checks and bills or documentation in the computer so it can be encoded and processed. This is a part-time PERMANENT job with loads of benefits. Simular to all my past scanning jobs, my work depends of the workload of everyone else. The batches may or may not be ready at a specific time SO my actual hours are flexable. I'm limited to a 5 hour day for a max of 26 hours a week (maybe 10 minutes for lunch, I'm not really sure...). This was the one I metioned in a previous post with the 9pm-2am, 10pm-3am, or 11pm-4am.

I've worked nights before, but this is THIRD SHIFT...I'll be getting off work when people are going...

Coming home around 6am, eating dinner in the morning, watching Taped PRIME TIME TV in the day, going to bed around noon, waking up at night...

I basically become a Vampire...a Gargoyle.

But think of it, no kids on the trains, and I still have time to do SOMETHING during the day...another part-time gig, something around 3pm-8pm?, Heck, I can still do something for IPS if they call me back with something in the city!

OR

There's even a SLIM, VERY SLIM chance...I might consider...school.

If this pans out during the winter, and IPS doesn't call, maybe in January...I can actually go back...

Okay, okay, okay! enough about that! As happy as MOM is (No more fighting for the Bathroom!) she's still concerned about weirdos at that time of night. I'm not worried, I LIVE for the nightlife!

I go in for processing (ID, fingerprinting, drug test, all that...) on the 13th, then I start working the day shift for one week to get a hang of things on the 18th.

Since I'll be working on my birthday, I should take this time between now and when I start to do something special...

But What?

"WHAT NOW?"

"WHAT NEXT?"

"We can't stop here. This is bat country"

"Wait till you see those goddamn bats"

"There's a uh, big machine in the sky, some kind of, I dunno, electric snake, coming straight at us."....Shoot it....."Not yet, I want to study its habits."

"We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, and a whole multi colored collection of uppers, downers, laughers, screamers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can. The only thing that really worried me was the ether. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon."

Comments

1 Comments:

  • At 9:19 PM, Blogger Les said…

    "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"...I recommend checking out this trippy movie starring Johnny Depp...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home