"Tell him...Tell him I said "Thanks""

Well, with my Niece starting school...Psycho-Sis felt she needs her saturday nights to herself again so...Baby Girl spent the night with us.

She's starting the 3rd Grade and is getting more and more obsessed with me and everything I do or don't do. She's got other issues that I might discuss in a later post as well as her insane mother, but today wasn't about them...

I finally talked mom into doing something we were ALL overdue in light of what was going on...

We headed out to the Bronx early, around 1:15pm to take Baby-Girl home. Once we got there, Psycho-Sis was waiting in front of her building and we moved on to another bus stop to take another bus further.

We took the Q44 to the edge of the Bronx, right before the Whitestone Bridge to Queens. Got off and made our way to St. Raymond's Cemetary...

There was a time we'd see Granddaddy every Father's Day...but mom's been getting SO lazy about it. This year she didn't need an excuse because I was down in Miami, but the weather was nice today so we all got together to do this...

We bowed our heads at his grave for a silent prayer,

"Hi Granddaddy,

I got them all here, today. It wasn't easy, and it's not their fault but we just came here today to tell you we still miss you and that we're trying real hard to stay a family together despite you being gone. I know he's still testing me granddaddy, and in my 31 years here so far, I haven't given any reason for him to give up on me. I may walk this path alone, but I feel your spirt with me at my left, and woman I loved and lost on my right. I...I just recently seen proof of his efforts in which he made the impossible and improbable happen before my eyes, and he sent someone, one of his helpers for me to realize it. So for that, granddaddy please do me a favor...Tell him...I said "Thank You." for if humility is the lesson today, then I have definately learned it. I love you, granddaddy, and I will see you again some day."

Amen

I may not remember "Our Father" anymore, but I still get the point across...

We got back just in time for me to see another miracle, as the Eagles beat the Texans 24-10

"...Things are looking good, now...Gettin' Better, now."

Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home