"...Waiting on the World to Change...Doo, Doo, Doo....Doo, Doo"

Man, how GREAT is that new John Mayer song? JUST when you think he was slipping up a bit and wasn't gonna score something hotter than "No Such Thing" (I wanna run though the halls of my High School...), he's got the whole country bopping to this new track! They even used it in the New Season Teaser for "CSI" (hell, looks like the season premier may have him performing it at a Vegas Show...). And have you seen the video? He's walking around Red Hook in the shadow of the Brooklyn Bridge while teenagers paint cool murals.

So, it's day two now, of the Search for Spock, er, um, I mean the damn High School Diploma that I know is somewhere in this house...

I mean, ok, seriously, us growing up...people used to think we actually HAD shit just because our grandfather brought a lot of things and sometimes even the best of our friends would make something "disappear" (Usually it would be one of Psycho-Sis's hoodlum friends...) but really, who the fuck would steal a High School Diploma? What, your gonna try to erase my name and forge another on there and fake your way through life rather than get your fucking GED you lazy ass?, I mean REALLY!

Today, I tore apart the Living Room, My Room, and our Storage Area full with bins and other junk, and all I've been able to find in EVERYTHING ELSE BUT that damn diploma!

I found my yearbooks, my little book book of student autographs from Junior High (Dunno why I didn't have one in school...) AND my Awards Album, WHERE I SHOULD have kept my damn diploma...Man, I couldn't believe all those acclaims, the book was filled, an award on each page (Think was one of those old 20 book photo albums...) Awards for CHARACTER, EXCELLENCE IN SOCIAL STUDIES, PERFECT ATTENDANCE 91-93 (What can I say? I was in love and I wanted to see her every day...), HONOR ROLL 92 (Yeah, she helped me in MATH...I hate math!), congressional awards (Probably locally, not really nationally...I mean, who was JOSE E. SERRANO?

So, lots of memories, back aches, and sweaty thighs...but no diploma, this brings me to only one conclusion MOM must have it! She probably found it lying somewhere on the floor, picked it up and put it somewhere so it wouldn't get lost. And with her senile self, that's like hiding it from BOTH of us. I'm not going to even check her room or her dressers, I'm gonna ask her to look so she don't say "You planted it there" when she finds it. It has to be somewhere in this house...

After an afternoon of tuning the house upside down and right side up, I needed to release. I grabbed Baby-Girl's bottle of Bubble Gum Bubble bath and poured 3/4 into the tub and soaked. MOM's tiny bathtub had me sitting up with just my legs submerged, my old tub in the bronx was big enough for me to at least lean back in. I sat in there and let the bubbles take me away for a good long while...

In less than two weeks, I'll be 31...Thirty-ONE! What is going on, here!

Psycho-Sis's tripping on the ridiculous tip, MOM hates her job and wants to quit everyday...I swear, this was NOT in the game plan I thought out 12 years ago! I didn't want MOM working into he late 50's...She's turning 58 in November and is counting her days till 60 so she can find her "Senior Housing" Shangri-La somewhere. It kills me that she has to work so hard because we're (Me and Sis) fucking up our lives. I always dreamed I be working for a software company by now, making the next "Windows" or other user friendly interactive program to make the world easier. I have all this potential to create or help create, but I'm being held back.

I dunno what I'm gonna do...that's what wrong with me.

Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home