"Just go, you cowardly piece of $hit!"

Tonight was the Newbie Mixer for this new social thing I joined called "The Lunch Club". They're schedule has LOTS of cool events in the near future, but I REALLY wanted to get the feel of the group so I wanted to go to this event first. Thought I was gonna chicken out because of the rain last night but it cleared up and became a nice day. I went to bed early, so I could wake up in the afternoon and get my haircut.

Jalu and the other barbers was arguing about the plot to that crazy movie "In good Company"...how Topher Grace gets the job over Randy Quaid...Who's running the company, etc, etc...I thought he was gonna slice my face to ribbons!

In the end he actually did a good job and I went back to the house to wash up.

The thing started at 7pm and it was at some Irish bar on 44th street.

I was REAL close to chickening out, but I made it down there.

IT was pretty much...A waste of time. The group rented the private lounge upstairs. There were around 30 people there, all "After-Work" Business type professionals. I felt SO totally under classed. There was a bar and flat screens everywhere playing a U2 concert DVD. Down the far end there was a pool table.

There were lots of couches, but the place was cramped and I didn't feel like bumping into anybody so I took a seat at the bar. The creator and manager of the group introduced me to a few people, but I just kept to myself. These people didn't do it for me and I'm just not the BAR type.

Some would have considered it a waste of time, I feel proud of the baby steps I've doing.

Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home