RANT

This past week has been a real bitch. MOM's volunteering my services again to fix someone else's damn computer...after having my niece over an extra day this past weekend cuz of the holiday there Glitter on the floor in almost every room, most noticeably the bathroom of all places...BOTH PC's (Mine and the clunker Baby Girl plays with and goes to www.disneychannel.com too much.) have been acting up, I reformated my hard drive and reinstalled everything only to lose my browsing bookmarks, my once reliable DVD burning program is acting up so I switched to another one, my Burning Buffer all of the sudden has low memory so now when I copy a DVD I have to close out every possible functioning program possible or the disc will stop in mid-burn (I've must of wasted 13 blanks by now!)...I'm falling behind on blogging with BOTH blogs, I've been working on so many past post to talk about Psycho-Sis becoming a rug-muncher...AND THEN THERE WORK! For somewhere I normally jus spend 5 hours a day, it's starting to become a real pain! For starters, despite the holiday, I found out I DON'T GET PAID for the day off! So to make it up, I've been staying an extra hour the last four days in an attempt to make it up...Now, we all have our good days and bad days, when the work goes smoothly or you get a bit overwhelmed. But the last TWO days have been FUCKED! Now, I don't wanna be a SNITCH BITCH but someone whose preparing my batches of checks to be scanned is slacking off! It's the fucking little things that just drive me insane! If anyone knows, a check is a small piece of paper, but there are even smaller things that associate with a check that should be handled better to make MY job easier. When paying a bill by mail, you usually tear off a piece of the invoice (or whatever) that has your account information and include it in the envelope. NOW, that stub should be about the same size or a little BIGGER than the check or the envelope itself. But some medical bills or other crap have these TINY fucking invoice stubs that are long but VERY small...they're the size of FRUIT BY THE FOOT piece! THESE TINY FUCKING THINGS CANNOT GO INSIDE a 3000 dollar 18 year old busted ass MACHINE! The rollers can't advance that stupid piece of shit through the the complicated insides a la Charlie Chaplin Clock Sequence so it can be spit back out on the tray! It does not go through!, it gets stuck! It makes a VERY embrassing LOUD FUCKING NOISE the entire office can HEAR! Then I have open and unlock FOUR different compartments and dig out the crumbled piece of shit tiny paper and flattened it! WE have a countermeasure of these small shits! A nice yellow window envelope to slide it in and give it the appearance of a big fucking piece of paper rather than a SMALL piece of fucking paper! THIS IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE, you PUT the tiny invoice in the window envelope BEFORE it is given to me and the machine goes smoothly, THANK YOU! As I go through batches and batches of checks with invoices and I come upon these little bastards, it SLOWS ME DOWN, because I HAVE to DO IT MYSELF, AGAIN, AND AGAIN, and AGAIN...BUT WAIT, there's MORE! Sometimes I have SMALL batches and then I have big batches, a batch can sometimes have just ONE check, boom, that's it, a lot of attention for one check, but what the hell, but when I have a batch of 30, and I'm running them through the machine at break-neck speed THINGS go wrong...Check number 17 of 30 wasn't Identified as a Check...it registered as a SCAN DOC (regular scanned document/invoice)!!! SHOULD be CHECK but is SCAN DOC, WHY did this happened!?!?!? Why did the computer read it wrong? WHO cares? It doesn't matter...JUST GO BACK to check 17 and RESCAN ALL THE REST OF THE CHECKS AGAIN!!! OR I finish a batch of 30, and double check the count and there's 29...WHERE DID THAT DAMN CHECK GO? Did it get stuck behind a invoice and didn't get scanned, guess what?...DO IT OVER AGAIN!!!...MUST DO OVER DANIEL-SAN! AND IF THAT AIN'T, I STILL GOTTA DEAL WITH AN OCCASIONAL STAPLE even once in awhile JAMMING the machine! A THOUSAND DOLLAR MACHINE jammed up by a 3 cent staple that was SUPPOSED to be REMOVED!!!WHILE my confidence is being chipped away by shoddy prep work and everything going wrong...the processors that take the work after me are tapping their feet and getting impatient, and I just wanna take a baseball bat to the machine it a fit of SOBBING, HYSTERICAL RAGE! THIS JOB IS SUPPOSED TO BE A cakewalk for me, I keep telling myself I'm better than this! My feet hurt from standing all the time, I'm on this insane sleep schedule when I miss most of the day and come FRIDAY I want to do something BUT I just collapse from exhaustion...TILL nighttime again and I wanna do something! I'm going crazy, my life is a mess, I'm so close to getting everything straightened out, but it's looking so far away now...I need someone to talk to, I need a reason to keep going...If this job holds, there's SO much I want to do come January....

Comments

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home