"Wanna be starting something, wanna be starting something..."

MOM's been in the PICTURE mood as of late. Receiving that picture-cd from her Block Party reunion has her trying to get 21st century all of the sudden. SO, I decided to nurture this idea by shopping around for a Mutipurpose Scanner-Copier-Printer for the PC in the living room. Baby Girl's been wanting to print her Lil' Bill pictures she makes on the computer anyways.

That busted-ass PC has had a bad history with printers. I have tried hooking up 3 printers that have been given to us in the past to it, and have failed miserably. I think is has something to do with the BIOS setup. I may have finally corrected the problem, but don't plan to test the Parallel port again unless it's to add a Zip-Drive.

I had a PSP meetup on Thursday so I had been up since 4:30pm and been catching naps every ten minutes or so here or there. I headed out around 11:30am. I had a perfect one picked out, make and model and a HUNCH it was at a Circuit City down on 78th street. I HATE the WEST SIDE thou, it's even worst in the middle of the day. Nannies walking babies in strollers walking slow, sidewalk cafes and other damn distractions preventing you from walking down the street. And to top it off, I see children running around window shopping and acting a fool. It made me wanna go Samuel L. Jackson on 'em and scream "WHY AREN'T THESE MUTHAFUCKIN KIDS IN MUTHAFUCKIN SCHOOL?!?!?"

But I digress.

I get to the store, go to the second level search the area with the printers and find my baby on the shelf easy. I wave someone over and tell him I want it, he looks it up on the computer and says they have no more. WHY THE FUCK do they display shit they don't have!?!?!? BULLSHIT like this happens all the time! He says there were 3 in the store monday, the last one was sold yesterday, they can order another one...Blah, BLAH, FRIKIDY BLAH! It's my day off, I have no time to come back, I WANT THE DAMN THING NOW! So then I look around and find a similar model and I ask him if they have THAT one, he does his klicklity-klackly on the computer again and tells me they have exactly ONE left. I ask if it was refurbished or anything, I hate taking the last item of anything in the store, he said it was new and I said cool and he rung it up. Gave me my receipt/pick-up ticket and I went back downstairs.

Get down there, give my ticket, they tell me to sit down, others come and go, while I wait, and they start to notice. Turns out, they didn't HAVE that last one, either!

I swear, I am NEVER going to them again, how can approve a sale of an item that is not physically in the store! I asked them to reverse the transaction and walked out.

I'd try again Saturday morning...

After getting a few hours of some sleep, I spent the evening having IM'ing someone who found me on Yahoo Personals. Someone who was ACTUALLY in the city and not trying scam me for money from Europe or Africa somewhere...

We chatted for a good two hours or so...who knows if it might lead anywhere...she sounds like a workaholic to me.

Who knows, it might be the start of somethin'

Comments

1 Comments:

  • At 9:41 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    This person you got freaky with the other night-a Yahoo personal ad person then too? Look at you go.

    I got a scanner, printer, copier combo deal at best buy for like 25 bucks last christmas. With Christmas around the corner again...they'll be just as cheap. It's a lexmark somethin or another. Works great. Thinkin we got it day after thanskgiving.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home