"Finally!"

I get tagged by KimmyK for something!

Just in time for the holidays.

Here we go...

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate. Nog is yucky

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Sits, Wrapping became messy and overrated after we ourgrew Lincoln Logs, Legos and Star Wars Models.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Both, color lights mixed with those annoying white lights that blink and sing christmas carols.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Um, no...that's usually from the drunks and sluts at Office Parties.

5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually the 2nd week of December.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding desserts)? Cinnamon Rolls

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Graddaddy getting me my APPLE IIc, after I cried asking mom for a Commodore 64, If and when I become a grandfather, I plan to SPOIL the HELL outta my Grandchildren.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Ooooh, bad memory time...I think I was 10 or 11, I snuck outta bed (Swearing I heard Sleigh Bells, even though we lived in a High Rise with only a terrace and no chimney!) and made my way to the living room...I hear some scotch tape tearing off, sneak through the Dining Room into the kitchen and hide behind the clothes dryer. From there I see mom in the corner of the living room under the tree taping a note on the box of a Atari 5200...the note says not to open till she gets up...she suddenly turns around, sees me behind the dryer and shreks in fright...scared out of her wits as I grin an evil grin and yell "Gotcha!" It would have been terrible if she had a heart attack, thank god she didn't!

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We used to have one freebie, but not anymore.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? One step at a time...Putting the tree in the stand, the wrap-around fringes, the icicles, the ball ornaments, the miniature ornaments, a dash of snow frosting, the lights and then the star.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I hate it. Love It, always have and always will!

12. Can you ice skate? Um, I'm black...so, no.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I'll never forget, despite computers, gaming systems, etc, etc...my favorite gift was my Optimus Prime Transfomer. It cost 30 dollars back then (which is like 60 dollars current time) and mom was SO pissed because right after she gave it to me (Couple of weeks), we saw the VHS release of TRANSFORMERS:The Movie (I never saw it in the theaters...) and found out Optimus was KILLED while fighting Megatron (The bad guy that turns into the Gun)...All I remember was mom grumbling "Thirty F**king Dollars" over and over again...

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? It's not presents, it's isn't even family...It's just charity...the act within itself, no amount too small or big, no task a burden to others, just spreading goodwill to others who normally wouldn't catch a break in their lifetime. The disabled, the disenfranchised, the minority, the second class, women, the elderly...whoever demands respect. Just administering it without hesitation, that's what this holiday is all about.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Any kind of christmas candy.

16. What was your favorite holiday tradition? We really weren't the tradition type of family.

17. What tops your tree? It used to vary, between a star or an angel.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I've always been a "Giver" because receiving gifts has been SUCH an expirence (Extreme, paralyzing Joy...or Hurtful, Agonizing Pain).

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Classical Christmas Music, The Nutcracker Suit, "Little Fugue" by Bach, I hate carols with words to memorize or over-zealously religious...the best are instrumentals.

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Yum...except current abominations like Tootsie Roll Candy Canes or Sweet Tart or Starburst Candy Canes...leave the original be!

21. Who do want to tag? Well let's see....I'll let everybody off the hook since it's christmas!

22. What is on your wish list for Christmas? IN the words of Castor Troy (Nicolas Cage) in "Face/Off"..."Take one gaddamn Guess!" (Evil Grin)

Comments

1 Comments:

  • At 6:28 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    Great number 14!

    I wish others felt that way. Good for you!

    If I knew your address I'd send you candy I made for Christmas this year. Stick around and I'll mail ya some....for um Valentine's Day. Yeah.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home