"False Start...5 Yard Penalty..."

Worked till 3am last night, came home by 4:30 and went to bed to get some extra rest. I didn't want to be sleepy or nodding off during the movie...

Woke up at 10:15am, there were 2 Text Messages on my cell...

"Leslie, didn't want to call u to wake you up but I just got a emergency with my mother so baby I am so sorry..."

"But I maybe able 2 make it I will call u later on or be online at soon I can please try to understant I feel so bad"

They were timestamped for 8:41am

I went to my PC and signed on, no sign of her so I waited...

By 12:30, I started seeing people outside walking around with umbrellas which confirmed my suspicious it was raining outside.

By 1pm, I wondered if she expected me to still be there just in case...I mean, 'Should I Stay or Should I Go?' that damn song played in my head.

I stayed put.

If she was on her way to meet after the emergency, she'd call to tell me everything's cool now.

If not, she'd be over there waiting on me thinking I'm a dick for standing her up despite the head's up.

No, there was an emergency...she got caught up...it was right to stay here.

2pm, came and went...the movie would have been starting now.

So, now I just wait...and see.

DAMN, I shouldn't of TOLD anybody about this...

Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home