"Smokin Aces was SMOKIN'!!!!!"

I saw "Smokin Aces" this morning. I was curious from minute I heard Alicia Keys was making her acting debut in this movie (Wasn't she supposed to be in Dreamgirls with Beyonce?). Hell, the story itself draws you in. A million dollar payday attracts every bounty hunter and hit man to kill a mob snitch ready to talk to the FBI. If you're STILL not thinking about it, check out this awesome cast!

I've starting to notice a trend, here...ever since "LOST" and "Crash" came out, the multi-layered, multi-character storyline plot is popping up more and more (Maybe it even dates back to "Oceans 11", I dunno).

Anyhoo, without giving too much away, this movie kicks so much ASS! With an ending you probably won't see coming. Alicia did good with her role, thou her part was a bit small (Hell so was everyone's, well except Jeremy Priven...), other outstanding "cameos" by Ben Afleck, Jason Bateman, and that guy from "The Ring" (Michael...something...son), Ray Liotta's still freaking cool, Ryan Rennolds represented, even rapper Common seem to channel Avery Brooks' "Hawk" character with his performance.

The movie has it all, Guns, Violence, Laughs, Drama, AND a killer twist to make it a damn good mystery! It is unpredictable as hell and will make you wanna see it again. It's fast paced, full of flashbacks and backstories, but you're still able to keep score.

I gotta say, seeing Priven do all those cool ass card tricks makes me think he could play "Gambit" if they do another "X-men" movie. He really carries the movie, which I didn't think he could do since everyone thinks he's jus a Cable Network, "Hug-it-out-Bitch" TV Star.

So, to sum it up, the movie kicks ass, starting 2007 with a bang! Will likely be the best movie till I see "Ghost Rider".

I wanted to hop around and see "Epic Movie" afterwards, but the next showtime was too much of a wait. I had a chance to see "Children of Men", "Stomp the Yard" (HELL NO!), "Freedom Writers" ("Stand and Deliver" meets "Dangerous Minds"...), OR "Catch and Release" (Chick Flick, would rather see it on a date...), wasn't interested in none of them so I left.

I had to finish reading "Cross", which my miracle of reading on the train 50 pages at a time, I was 90 pages away from the end. I found a nice sitting area near MSG, there were a bunch of skateboarders trying to be like Tony Hawk nearby annoying the shit outta me, but I read 50 more pages. Then the cold started getting to me so I walked across to 6th Avenue and took the bus home. I finished the book halfway and while riding past Lincoln Center I noticed the Tower Records had finally closed down.

Damn, that was favorite store in the city, they always had some rare b-side single or long lost album I was always looking for. I was really gonna miss it.

I got home and stopped by the library first to return "Cross", it was very good, Patterson's still got it. It reminded me of a contest I had with co-worker when I was working for them. We had a bet on who could read "Jack and Jill" the fastest. We were driving each other crazy lying about what page we were up to and creating fake plots of the book to test each other. In the end we both finished the same night after work. Neither of us wanted to admit the TIME the morning after so we each wrote it down and sealed it in an envelope with hopes of opening it in the future...which we never did. (I know I finished it first...)

Thinking of mom, I picked out some old DVD's to borrow. "Don Juan Demarco", "The Interpreter", "Bridget Jones 2", and "Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang" for me. The librarian remembered me placing a hold on Mosley's "Killing Johnny Fry" and presented me with a copy that was on the shelf (I didn't bother to even look!), I said my thanks and checked everything out and headed home.

As I was coming in, Mom and Baby Girl were heading out to go food shopping. The lil one was driving mom crazy all morning. They saw Baby Girl's current fav. DVD "Bring it On:All or Nothing" with Beyonce's younger sister Solange, she's been going crazy on the PC again changing the wallpaper and setting up the screensaver...and while trying shoo one of the cats off the couch by squirting a water gun at them, she somehow managed to get some water to a lamp and made the light bulb explode!

The child hasn't been here in 3 weeks, 20 something hours in, she ready to destroy the house again!

The lil tazmanian devil's also been showing off her Nintendo DS, thank god they got a nice protective case for it. She thanked me for buying her the "Bratz" game, but said she's already finished it.

I spent the rest of the evening working on updating the blog. Added a few new links, got rid of the dead ones, changed the Albums list to current favorite repeated tunes. And started a list of the books I read this year, I plan to add more!

Man, don't know WHAT's with my entries lately...they've been like college essays or something...real freaking long!

P.S. in "Smokin Aces", you'll NEVER be able to recognize LOST's Matthew Fox's cameo...totally blew my mind!

PEaCE!!!!

Comments

2 Comments:

  • At 6:45 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    They haven't advertised this movie here yet. But if and when they do I'll be sure to check it out.

    Sounds like you've had a relaxing and enjoyable weekend. Good to hear.

     
  • At 2:41 AM, Blogger ac said…

    I wish I could write (SOC) like you write. But alas, I can NOT so I'm stuck here reading what you write. Good Stuff! I love Mom and I want to save sister years of misery. I heart Baby Girl too. Far far south of the Mason Dixon someone roots enthusiastically for Jet. Good luck to you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home