"Uhnn...What's Wrong?!?...Umm, I might have done something Stupid!"

You know, at 5am you can be VERY susceptible to ANYthing.

I remember last year on a whim I joined Classmates.org for a month. The fuck did I do that for? I don't wanna get in contact with anyone from High School! I mean the first 3 years were cool, but with Diedre and the car accident Senior Year I damn near lost my mind and almost didn't graduate! That's why I've never went to any of those Alumni Homecomings, Basketball Games (Old Players vs. Current Team) and Dinners. My brain must have been in a state of euphoria when I signed on, now I can't stop the damn emails! "6 more members from the class of 93 have been added, blah, blah, blah..." And I was stupid enough to do Junior High and Elementary!

Hell, one time I was looking at this army website for a long time at 5 in the morning...

But then I realized, I can't join the army, I'm the only Son in the family AND I have Flat Feet! Geez!

SO, the beginning of the month, I get the thinking about March and the impending doom of being laid off and browsed some job listings. Found interesting ones for scanners but they were kinda old, posted mid-to-end of December, I sent my resume anyways, I FOUND THE DREAM job of a Library Position, 2nd shift! 2pm-10pm working in a private medical library, checking out books and stuff in Harlem of all places...I got so excited, you wouldn't BELIEVE! (I could get raunchy here but you get the point.)

THEN, I saw something...something very peculiar.

An Enrollment Associate position for Hudson Health Plan.

(the plot thickens)

Their office was all the up in Tarrytown, which is even further than Yonkers...it's wayyyy up and out there.

NOW ya'll know I said I'd NEVER go back to that line of work, with the stress and the drama and the Breakdown inducing headaches...

BUT since it was 5am in the morning...I VERY stupidly submitted my resume for consideration.

I figured they take one look at my address and not even bother, but I guess my experience outweighs my willingness to commute.

Yesterday they called me. They explained how far they were and asked how much I was asking for. I told them 27k and they got the thinking...and asked me to come in Monday, the 22nd.

All I could think of as I said "yes" was Hooooooooly SHIT!

I'm waddling over to the Deep End of the pool again....

I gotta look at the PROS and CONS of this...

More Money verses More Stress.

The ideal job verses the comfortable job.

Now the commute is a hassle, but there are more factors to consider.

In April, the Metrocard is finally moving up to Westchester to be accepted by their "Bee-Line" buses. This could save me A LOT of money

AND it WAS one of the stipulations I cited that would make me even think of going back to Community Choice (The other being that BITCH that drove me nuts be fired, which also has come to pass...)

BUT it's a 9-5, with MANDATORY overtime and an occasional SATURDAY during those crunch-time end-of-the-month periods. In other words, they're expecting me to work my ass off.

I would have to deal with Buses and Trains, and school kids, and the winters with snowy streets, those Bee-Line buses SUCKED!

STILL, the money I be making would have me moving out again to live on my own like last time.

can I really go back?

Should I?

WHY the hell didn't that Library call me instead!?!?!?

I'd SELL MY SOUL to work in a library or book store...I'd Give my first born....

Hello?, Satan?...YO dude, didja hear me?

PFFFT!...where's the prince of darkness when you REALLY need him?...HMPH!, Punk Bitch!

Anyways, I need some input out there...Is the well paying and secured job worth risking mental health and physical well-being for? I'm not planning to have my first heart attack before 40.

Is the Risk worth The Reward?

Comments

3 Comments:

  • At 7:35 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    Maybe take the job if you like it cause more money will get you out of your moms place sooner. Then if the library calls take that job.

    Good luck though. This is turning out to be a good year for you Jet. Congrats.

     
  • At 8:18 PM, Blogger ac said…

    What kimmy said. The year of the Jet... that has a nice ring to it. Good luck whatever you do.

     
  • At 11:59 PM, Blogger Firestarter5 said…

    Go for the cash...you can vent during the off hours.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home