"you can't go home again..."

Saturday morning...looking at cartoons, and then Soul Train. Have you noticed they've been showing the Old Old episodes the last month or so?

Mom's going to see Patti LaBelle tonight. If me and Leeloo had been on a couple of dates by now, this would have been the perfect evening to have her over for the first time with a nice romantic dinner and a movie.

BUT we haven't so it won't and I'm not going to get into any details on how THATS doing...we're fine...that's ALL I'm saying for now...

So, after Soul Train, I went out for some errands...returned some movies to blockbuster, dropped off some pants at the cleaners, and got some bread.

Before buying a loaf at the deli, I stopped by the Library.

I have to get into reading again. There was a time I'd read dozens of books a year. Last year I think I read 2 books completely, and the year before that 3 or 4. I remember starting "Mary Mary" by Patterson, but I never finished it, I cheated a bit and got the gist of it from The Book Spoiler. I jus can't get into it anymore, but I'm going to try.

I was lucky enough to find a copy of the latest Patterson novel, "Cross", along with a Spenser mystery "School Days" and Walter Mosley's "Cinnamon Kiss". Mosley's the reason why I went to the library, I got an email from amazon about his very latest book, "Killing Johny Fry" which has been describe as borderline erotica, I guess he's trying to give Zane a run for her money. I put a hold for that book and a copy should be available by next week.

It felt weird walking in that old branch, I started my career there, replacing JOE as a page working after school. It's so different now, they've moved things around to make room for DVD's, moved their NEW BOOKS to another section. Most of the staff I knew is gone, I think there are 2 librarians there that still remember me.

*sigh*

"I should come here more..." I thought.

Comments

1 Comments:

  • At 10:33 AM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    Yeah you should then you can keep the feelers out there if there are any openings and get yourself back in there.

    I useta read, then I started blogging. Not so much anymore.

    Glad to hear things are going well with Leeloo. I was wondering.

    Your momma's seeing Patti? OMG. How cool is she? [both your momma and Patti!]

     

Post a Comment

<< Home