"Second Date, No Pressure...Cut the Red Wire!"

The Second Date is usually the "Make or Break" moment in any type of relationship. I mean, the 1st Date is always a "Gimme", but it's the 2nd when they start thinking "Hmmm, do I really wanna spend most of my time with person?"

I think those Bomb Squad guys that be defusing explosives have it better than anyone going on a second date...

So Three Weeks to the day of our first meeting, "Leeloo" and I decided to go to the movies.

In the spirit of Valentine's Day and all that, the romantic comedy, "Music and Lyrics" seemed the nice choice for us. I aside from the 2 Charlie's Angel movies, I've never seen any Drew Barrymore flicks. The last Hugh Grant date movie I saw was "Mickey Blue Eyes", way back when, which...was not so good.

So, aiming for the 1:40 showtime at the AMC 25 off the side of Times Square, I hit the shower at noon and when I came out there was a voicemail from her saying she was on the train already heading down at 12:10...Well, she's making great time this second go around! So much so, it was actually 12:50 when she called again (by this time I was completely dressed and about out the door.) to say she's already at the theater!

This, from a woman who was nearly a hour late to something as simple as lunch...wow, I had pegged this lil lovely lady wrong! Anyone willing to show that early for a movie date was okay in my book!

Me knowing the A Train, I knew it was a hop, skip and a jump for me to get down there and meet her..."I'll be down there by 1:20pm" I said, the poor dear was starting to get cold already and wanted to browse the "Hello Kitty" store across the street, something we agreed to do AFTER the movie! I begged and pleaded to wait and she agreed, we hung up and I was out the door.

This time, I was ready! I had gotten a fresh hair cut the night before, AND I got my clothes from the cleaners early in the morning...along with a nice long stemmed rose! (Tah Daa!). SO, cell phone in hand, and nothing else forgotten...I left the house at 12:55pm.

It was a bit brisk out today. The day before was absolutely fabulous! Nearly 50 degrees for the first time in a while! But with the sun out in full strength, it was at the freezing mark, a blistering 32 degrees as I made my way to the station. I had to sprint down the tunnel in the basement of the GWB Bus Terminal as the Downtown A arrived at 1pm. If I had missed that train, I knew I'd be late!

Gasping for air I finally made it in the Subway Car and attracted a few humors glances with attention-attracting rose gripped tightly in my hand. I tried to remain calm hiding behind my Square-Lensed "Agent Smith" Matrix Sunglasses...

"I'm not such a Bad Guy once you get to know Me..."

...and relaxed a bit as the train carried me to the center of town.

True to my word, I exited the station to the street at 1:22 when "Leeloo" called me again...

"I'm here!, "I'm Here!..." I said.

She waited OUTSIDE the "Hello Kitty" store, keeping her promise but was trying to look for me from across the street...

"I can't see you!"

"Jus look for the Dope with the Rose in his Hand!" I joked as I arrived in front of the theater finally...

We hung up and I saw the object of my affections emerge from the crowded street to greet me...

"So early this time?"

"Yes, I've been freezing my butt off!" she replied with a smile as I gave her the rose.

She had a lovely Brown "Baby Phat" coat on that would probably make Psycho-Sis jealous...another pair jeans complementing her petite figure and a cute blue mini-knapsack on her back.

We entered the theater and barely made the movie on time due to the long ticket line. We still saw a few trailers...a couple of thrillers (Anthony Hopkins has a wicked movie with that Ryan Gosling guy everyone's going nuts over...), a few romantic comedies with upcoming stars I've haven't heard of..., yadda, yadda, yadda.

We got our seats and the movie started, "Leeloo was still a bit chilled by the wait outside, especially her left hand (The poor thing...), I reached out and caressed it in true Gomez Addams style...occasionally applying a few kisses on her palm, (Cara Mia, Mon Cheri...)...her hand warmed up by then, but I pampered it the entire movie...occasionally tracing my finger down to her wrist which tickled her with goosebumps to my delight (I'm so bad!).

Ahem, about the movie...it was good. Grant played the washed up Duran-Duran/George Michael 80's washed up Pop Sensation to the letter! Drew was funny as the quirky plant lady (Who possibly has THAT for a job in New York City these days?) that helps him make the comeback of a lifetime...funny supportive roles from Brad Garret and Kristen Johnson (I LOVED her in "3rd Rock" why isn't she on another hit show?!?!?), the movie was surprisingly a joy, who knew?

After the movie we browsed around Times Square...we went inside the "Hello Kitty" store...at 33 years old, "Leeloo" still has that inner child dying to come out as she went nuts for everything inside. I couldn't help smiling seeing myself through her energy and enthusiasm (We are SO much alike...). We went to the Toys R' Us store, which was a first for me. I had heard of the store's huge premise, but never took the time to go in. True to the legends, there was HUGE children Ferris Wheel that greeted us, it had to be 3 floor high! The line to board it was snaked all around to the left as exasperated parents awaited with their children to ride the colossal attraction. We browsed everything, the toy solders (which she examined to make sure they were authentic and historically accurate!), video games, barbie dolls, board games, remote control cars, bicycles...we were kids in a candy store. I took this time to steal a lovely picture of my love with my digital camera, which she finally agreed to pose for...then we made our way out to the Virgin Megastore.

We checked out the Hip Hop and R&B Sections a bit, I overheard a cool song with a nice beat that I didn't recognized..."Leeloo" was familiar with it and I asked her to try and remember and let me know later. I scanned the Techno/Dance section for the latest album by "Air", I have two of their songs on my rotation (128mb Card) that are to DIE for and I wanted to contribute to the Starving Artist concept and spend my money to someone who deserved it. Alas, the internet has given me a heads up too soon, for the album has yet to be released.

We then thumbed our way to the latin music section where "Leeloo" displayed her salsa dance steps a bit. She found a nice selection by an artist named "India" (Which I thought was where she was FROM, not her Name...LOL!) and I decided to buy it for her (With all this browsing around I had to eventually buy SOMEthing! We can't window shop forever!)...I found something for myself (Mariah Carey's "Emancipation of Mimi", reasonably priced at $10) and we left the store.

By now, the sun was down, I can't believe how short the days are in the winter! We walked a but more east to Bryant Park and we sat and talked. I am completely infatuated with this woman. The sound of her voice, the look on her face as she talks, I just want to be lost with her forever...just me and her and no one else for miles. I sat down on the edge of a fountain (That naturally wasn't on) while she stood in front of me, so I could look up to her, worship her for the goddess she truly is...

I held her close to me and wrapped her arms around my head as she massaged my ears, we exchanges kisses for awhile...Seconds felt like Hours, Minutes felt like Days, I just wanted to frozen in time having this woman in my arms...like a renaissance statue in italy, chiseled from marble, a statement of eternal love.

And if were out there longer in the cold, we WOULD have! Frozen, stuck together, because we didn't have any damn sense to go indoors and warm up.

So, we came to our senses and warmed up at McDonald's...

There, I took another picture and let her take one of me which I plan to send her by email. We had some more interesting conversations (Did you know the female pig's orgasm is 30 minutes long?) and planned possibly our next date. Her hands were cold again, so I took that opportunity to warm them again, give her some more goosebumps with more playful tickling. I love hearing her laugh...anyone who's read this over a year knows I feel a woman's laughter is one of the most wonderful sounds in the world. I just can't help falling for this wonderful woman in front of me.

While enjoying the attention, "Leeloo" warned me that she plans to retaliate for all the playful, erotic gestures I've been doing, she soon plans to have me at her mercy one day...I'm gonna be in SO much trouble (LOL!)

The night was winding down and we decided to call it a night. This time she gave me the honor of walking her all the way home as we took the train then a bus to a familiar part the bronx...I had went to High School around her neighborhood, so everything took me back to the days of yesteryear...

We got to her place, she returned the DVD I lent her of "Cruel Intentions", I gave her the CD from the Megastore and we exchanged a few more moments to kiss a bit (Her lips taste SO good...) and said our good night's.

I got home about 5 after 11pm, I plugged my camera to my PC and picked one of the pictures and made it my new wallpaper...arranged my icons on the edges. Tomorrow I'd go to a CVS and get them printed from one of those self-developing kiosks.

I stared at the beautiful image of her looking back at me for what seemed like hours...

I took a breath, and sighed...and slowly drifted to sleep...the angel of my dreams watching me, from my computer screen...

Comments

2 Comments:

  • At 10:13 AM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    Awww.

    Sounds like your second date went well. Good for you two. I hope the happiness continues.

     
  • At 10:36 AM, Blogger ac said…

    If I was your date and you blew on my fingers, I'd be yours forever. HA! What a Romeo you are! That poor girl. She don't have a prayer. Such a sweet story. So Sweet. ac

     

Post a Comment

<< Home