"All I am, is What I'm After..."


Reading KimmyK's latest post made me think back to years in my prime...

Supervising Clerks and Pages at the Library, staying up night makings work schedules, making sure each person had their favorite day off, or had the right weekend free for their social lives. Taking only 15 minutes of "official Lunch Hour" then going back to help the desk during the crunch time/bum rush. Working Wednesday nights till 8pm, sitting silence those last two dead hours, joking around with the pages, hacking the telnet system. Working emergency Saturdays at 66th or 96th, or Yorkville or another nearby branch that was short-staffed....

Then there was HealthFirst and Community Choice. Working 12 hour days at the end of the month processing botched Marketing Submissions. Endless incomplete or unacceptable paperwork waiting to be rejected or passed on...oh, the negligence...then came the audits and the frantic crusade to correct the heinous miscarriage of justice and decency...Overnight shifts, Time & Half PLUS OT for staying as long as possible, Weekends, free pizza! And once the crisis had passed, the suspension lifted (Temporarily), the slap on the face...the extra taxes on the wages earned nullifying ANY type of reward for the hard work, just lucky to Break Even...

Part of me misses it. Part of me Wants to Al Pacino up there in the movie "HEAT".

Vincent Hanna, LAPD.

24 hours a day, 365 days a year, always out there, seeking his prey.

Three Failed Marriages, a machine...relentless.

He was my idol.

That's what I wanted to be like, in whatever job I did.

The ultimate workaholic, being defined by what I do.

I miss that so much.

This thing I got going now, it's comfortable...but It's not who I am...

Yesterday afternoon, I visited the JPMorgan Chase website and found a couple of positions to apply for, similar to what I'm doing now.

The Chief, Victor recommended that course of action...he gave me a memo with some info from Human Resources.

I figured it was worth a shot. All the positions are in Brooklyn though, the thought of working out there at night is frightening.

The countdown continues...

Comments

1 Comments:

  • At 3:55 PM, Blogger ac said…

    You are so still in your prime. I think you will be in it for years to come. When you are my age, you'll be out. HA! ac

     

Post a Comment

<< Home