"For once, I'm stuck without a punchline..."


I didn't know what to title this post, jus recapping the weekend and some other tidbits.

First, dunno if ya'll been noticing, I've adapted KimmyK's "Image in the corner of a post" concept as of this month...I'm trying to do the whole "Picture/Post Title Association" Thing knawmean? Good.

Finally saw "Ghost Rider" Saturday...it was good. Kinda hard to rank in the Superhero Movies countdown...A lil higher than Daredevil but still nothing near the Spider Man and Fantastic Four ballpark. Cage was great thou, giving Johnny Blaze weird carnie quirks like eating jellybeans out of a martini glass and listening to The Carpenters...he played the foghorn, midwestern loon to a tee with Evel Kenevel flair, carrying a scepter and sporting the ol' big black cowboy hat. It was also nice to see Matt Long (From my fav. recently canceled show "Jack and Bobby") play Young Johnny, that kid may have a career in his future.

The movie had it's great moments, like the first transformation of Blaze to the Ghost Rider...seeing Nicholas Cage go back to his Psycho "Face/Off" wild takes was cool and special effects rocked!

But then his second change after he got arrested...he started doing his rendition of the Incredible Hulk! Which had me scratching my head. Wes Bentley is creepy as hell (But isn't he always?) as Blackheart, Peter Fonda was okay as The Devil...will someone tell me WHY the Son of the Devil is always trying to outdo his father? Is that becoming a recurring plot device or what?! I think the movie deserves a sequel, if they can get another good villain from the comic book (I can't think of any of his enemies except The Devil and his Son...)

I went down to Union Square for the movie so afterwards I went around the corner to Circuit City, browsed around and couldn't find anything worth spending a dime on...

I saw those new Bose Earplugs that are all the raves...$100 fricking dollars for some Earphones! Shit! for that much they better block out the trains in the LOUDEST station in new york!

I then went across the street to GameStop, They're a couple of PSP games coming out soon that I plan to actually BUY. They weren't out yet so I settled for and old PS2 game, Disney Golf (Since I like to play golf so much...).

On the train ride home, I finished reading the Spenser novel, "School Days". It was a good read, you can tell Parker had Columbine and the Debra LaFave scandal in his head while writing this Spenser solo case (Where the hell was HAWK?!?). According to The Spenser Check-list I had skipped one, "Cold Service" and I'm one behind, with the latest being "Hundred-Dollar Baby". It's so hard to keep track the way they coming out so fast!

Next in line is another Mosley novel, the latest "Easy Rawlins" mystery, "Cinnamon Kiss".

Coming home Psycho-Lesbo Sis and Baby Girl were there and sis bothered me to help find some housing listings that accepted Section 8. Her request to move has been granted and she has some voucher-paperwork-thingy that lets her start looking. Baby Girl is getting older and her asthma can have her living in a 4 flight walk up. While searching on the PC in the living room, Psycho-Sis decides to give me the 3rd degree based on Mom's suspicions...

"Mom thinks you have a girlfriend again."

"..." I don't dignify the fishing expedition with a response.

"Is it true?"

(Silence)

"C'mon, why hide it?...'fraid she gonna fuck you for your money and dump your ass on your birthday like last time?"

I flinched for only a second and kept working...

"Fine, I can tell when I'm not wanted, gimme any info you find later..."

She turned to leave, but before she did, she turned her head and taunted...

"No More Secrets..."

And laughed as she walked out of the room...

I wanted to slam her head in the wall...

Apparently she was in a Queen-Bitch mood because once again she made up with her Live-In girlfriend, Memphis Bleek. I guess lesbians are fickle creatures of habit as well as normal human beings.

Later on, Baby Girl showed me a Nasty scalding mark on her arm she received with an accident with Hot Water. She wouldn't give me the details, but the child is clumsy and accident prone. STILL, I wouldn't put it past Sis to intentionally burn her as punishment for something...

By the end of the day I was tired and Leeloo was nowhere to be found online, she mentioned a trip to Jersey with her boys over the weekend. Guess she was tired too. I stayed up till 1am looking for her then got some sleep.

Comments

4 Comments:

  • At 7:14 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    I think I'll wait for Ghost Rider to come out on video. I wanna see that Wild Hogs movie though. Looks hilarious. I love Martin Lawrence!

    Now, you really think your sis would intentionally hurt your niece? That's pretty fucked don'tcha think? Keep an eye on that situation.

     
  • At 7:48 PM, Blogger Firestarter5 said…

    I still see your family in a sitcom like I've said before...like the Cosby Show, only real.

     
  • At 1:39 PM, Blogger Shelli said…

    Done. Thanks for stopping by. You've been added, looking forward to your reads...


    PS. I'm quick ;)

     
  • At 9:43 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    I heard that Cpt. America died today. I came to see if you were ok.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home