"I'm going to see Bjork!, I'm going to see Bjork!!!....Yeeteeteee!"

Handed in my letter of resignation yesterday, the Chief was on vacation, so I had to relay the news to the Jamaican Nutcracker. Ironically enough, just before I broke the news she had came up to me and told me they NOW had a vacant position and I could stay if I wanted to! I couldn't believe it, first they throw me away and now they want me back! This crazy ass operation! Well, too much too little too late, I'm over the fence like an escaped convict!

The nights have been getting so boring since the big accounts transfered over. The work we have is barely enough to keep one scanner busy the whole night. They decided to let PHARELL do other duties and let me work alone, which was surprising (I guess these bastards really did like me...). The last two days all the work has been done by 1:30-2am tops, leaving everyone to kill hours playing solitaire on the PC. I've seen this before, when the work dies, people get the ax. So, it's a good thing I'm bailing!

On the train ride home, I finally finished reading "Cinnamon Kiss" by Walter Mosley. It was another great mystery from Bill Clinton's famous favorite author. I think I'll go back to another Spenser Mystery by Parker next, or maybe a nice legal thriller like Philip Margolin...any good legal novel except something from that conceited cock-sucker John Grisham.

When I got home, I patiently waited till 10am for the Pre-Sale of Bjork Concert Tickets in New York City. I was curious about that 3rd venue at someplace called the United Palace Theater...I mentioned to MOM and she said that the place sounded like the hall up the street where they have church related functions. Bjork coming to Washington Heights?, Don't make me laugh...But a quick search online confirmed the address, it WAS the place right by us!

BJORK was going to be 3 blocks away from where I live, performing a concert, on a DAMN SATURDAY and I'm GONNA BE WORKING!, DAMN, DAMN, DAAAAAAMN!!!!

This United Palace Theater was only famous as the place where the climax of the movie "BELLY" happened. When DMX was supposed to assassinate that religious leader to get out of doing time. I remember them filming that scene around there.

WOW, first the Apollo Theater in Harlem, and then up here in Washington Heights...how FREAKIN' cool is BJORK!

Anyway, 10am came rolling by and I starting hitting the website waiting to place my order. After a few delays of more registering and form filling out, I finally got access to the Box Office link. There were two levels of VIP tickets, I picked the most expensive one and requested ONE ticket (It'd be better without Leeloo, she'll understand...)

The screen came back "No Seats Available in that Level...reduce the number of requested tickets..."

I screamed "WHAAAAAT!!!?!?!" and started panicking

I kept repeating the request, and came up with nada...

It was only 10:10am, there was no WAY the tickets could be all sold already!

I switched browsers, thinking it was an Anti-Firefox thing...nothing...I kept trying, frantically like someone on "ER" saving a patient ("FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, LIVE!")

At 10:20am, I finally got thru...I finalized the deal and printed the reciept, YAY!

I then dug out my old 2001 concert ticket stub (Yes, I saved it, I'm a sentimental bastard...)

Thursday, October 4th, 2001...ORCH5 Row O Seat 510

Now, you figure, Row "O", that's only 14 rows back, right?...WRONG!

They start with Double Letters at the front, so "AA" is the closet! So "AA"-"ZZ" THEN A-O is actually 40 rows back! The lil thing is small as a pixie as it is, imagine how she looked from around Center field!

At least I was centered with Orchestra Section 5...

This time around, without being picky and jus jumping on the first thing thrown, I looked at where I would be sitting this time...

Row "LL", Seat (well, lets keep that a secret in case some nut tries to track me down...) in the Orchestra Section 6...hmmm, that's a little on the left a bit...

BUT Row "LL" means I'd be only 12 rows away...that's pretty close to see the sparkles of whatever she'll be wearing...not bad...

So, Radio City @ May 2nd, which is a Wednesday, that's good, don't have to worry about being tired from work or going to work.

Up here in the Heights at the United Palace Theater on Saturday, the 5th...maybe I'll swing around after work to see what kind of crowd she draws in, I would have to go to work that Sunday after so I really couldn't even stay and buy a cheap seat...

The album, "Volta" comes out Tuesday, the 8th and so is the Concert at the Apollo...

Cool.

All is right in the world...

Comments

1 Comments:

  • At 11:45 PM, Blogger Firestarter5 said…

    Bjork! You're one odd Brutha.

    Pharell? Didn't he do a video with Snoop in Rio or something? Now he's scanning documents? His 15 minutes of fame went by quick.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home