"The morning after..." aka "Aftermath"

I think the ONLY highlight of last night's disaster was the return of "Six Degrees" on ABC. I was almost certain the show was canceled (and still might be...) it was great to see it back. BUT there was a conflict with a new show that's growing on me, David E. Kelley's "The Wedding Belles". I decided to tape "Six Degrees" and watch "Wedding" because I really needed a good laugh, and I can always count on David E. for that.

I stayed up most of the night wondering how I was gonna explain to mom a nice made up living room and bathroom. Maybe she'll be so happy she won't care that I made up the place nice...

So, while playing "uno" on MSN and looping "Ex-Factor" by Lauryn Hill on my CD player, I contemplated my situation. What if this happened the night of the Bjork concert? Am I gonna pay mad money for TWO tickets when there's a 45% chance of her ACTUALLY going? There was an incident with my EX from Jersey City where I paid 175 dollars to see "The Kings of Comedy", and she couldn't miss her class to go. I had to invite JOE at the last minute.

I'm not going thru THAT again!

"Loving you is like a battle..."

Sing it, Lauryn, SING IT!!!!

"And we both end up with scars"

I got the scars, not her!

"Tell me, who I have to be
To get some reciprocity"

I need to know...

"No one loves you more than me
And no one ever will"

I'm getting there (Who am I kidding, I AM THERE!)

So, while not exactly crying myself to sleep...I'm hurting...

I can't remember when I slept, but come 7:30am, I woke up to the sound of the locks clicking. I gave mom a hour to let everything set it as she and Baby Girl enter the house, and then after I looked at "Loonatics Unleashed" I came out of my room.

"What the hell did you do to this house?" mom asked.

I pretended to look around as this was the first time I noticed the changes...

"Huh?" I answered blankly.

"The living room is actually...CLEAN and you changed everything in the Bathroom..."

"Oh, heh, heh...I wanted some time to myself, sooooo I make the place nice...surpriseeee..." I said with a flourish.

MOM jus looked at me blankly...

"You asked me to spend the night..."

"Yes." I said.

"Leaving you alone here..."

"Yes."

"So you could do some Spring Cleaning?!?!?!?"

I smiled.

"Do I have "Stupid" written on my forehead?!?!?"

"Um, no. I don't think so..."

MOM was about to say something when BABY GIRL came over and saved me...

"I like the new shower curtain Uncle Leslie!"

"Why thank you BABY GIRL...let's have breakfast..." I said and led them to the kitchen before MOM could flip out some more.

I caught Leeloo online a bit later and we talked. It wasn't even the rain that stopped her, she got held up in some personal business. She has so much drama going on in her life, custody issues with the kids father, keeping Disability Case open, still going to some army base, and the breathing medication issues.

I almost felt like saying "Just call me when YOU feeling doing something...", but I held my tongue...

I went out to do some shopping and prepared myself for the headache of the afternoon approaching. MOM did her part of the deal and now, I have to deal with Home Videos of one of her goofy friends.

When I came back I caught my fav. movie on TNT, "Heat", which but me in a relaxing mood.

It was right then, as the movie started, that I had an epiphany...

Every date I have planned and mentioned on the blog BEFORE it actually happens...

*The original 1st Date
*Karaoke
*Sex Toy Shopping in the Village
*...And now An Evening in the Batcave

have been broken. The few times we have met I talked about AFTER...

That could be it...the foreshadowing and anticipating have been jinxing the relationship. I need to stop describing my plans on her and just flow...

I think I got something here...

Stay Tuned.

Comments

2 Comments:

  • At 11:28 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    Alright. Don't tell us til after it's over. Which is kind of good if you ask me because I get all excited waiting on news to just be let down too. You tell Leeloo that she not only lets you down when she cancels like that, but she lets the rest of US down too.

    I might have to break up with her if you don't. I can't take all this rejection after I get myself all ready for a date y'know. Sheesh.

     
  • At 3:26 AM, Blogger Les said…

    Who are you telling? How much more of this would any other guy put up with before he starts thinking about the next girl...but that ain't me!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home