"Practice good deeds and the rewards will follow..."

It's been a crazy 48 hours...

After doing those annoying home video transfers for MOM's crazy friend saturday, I got hit with a stomach virus that laid me out Sunday night. For the first time, I had to call in...

THEN this morning, a miracle happened (sort of...)

JPMorganChase finally called back with an offer for the Brooklyn Job I interviewed for on St. Patrick's Day! However, I was once told again that it was only Part-Time.

I accepted the offer and relayed to the HR contact that they mentioned that the position was FULL TIME during the interview...(Conflicting observations), The HR Lady double checked the request in her paperwork and confirmed it was only part time, 20 hours over the weekend.

Part of me wanted to jus drop it till I started, but Hearing one thing and then another, I couldn't let it go. So jeopardizing the whole deal, I made a courtesy call to my future supervisor (Who thought I wasn't good enough to Interview!), her name was Cherry (Like the flavor?...what kind of name is that?!?!?).

I called with mock enthusiasm thanking her for the position despite not seeing me directly, and let it drop that the position was Part Time (to my knowledge), she gets all surprised and reiterates that it is FULL TIME. SO I POLITELY suggested that she'd double check with HR...I didn't try to sound snide about it, just clear up the mystery!

A half hour goes by, and The HR rep calls back, HEATED! Talking about "They offered you a Full Time behind my back!...I thought you wanted Part Time...You trying to Manipulate This-and-that..." I went on the defensive and pleaded my case ("Lordy, Imma loose this damn job before I get it!"), and then she hung up. Another 10 minutes goes by the HR rep calls again with a 3-way call including Cherry and the guy who interviewed me, guy's name was Raja (I had forgotten...), I repeated what I said while the HR Woman tried to get Cherry to say I had an attitude about the situation (Cherry even said that I didn't say "Thank You"! when those were my first words!), I calmly de-escalated the conversation while Raja and Cherry correctly admitting to requesting a FULL TIME applicant. The HR Lady got quiet for a moment and terminated the call.

ONE VERY LONG hour went by and I thought I was finished.

Fate had other plans.

I got the call and everything was fixed. It would be a full time position, with INSANE hours of 7am to 5pm Monday and Tuesday, then 7am to 7pm Saturday and Sunday, with me having Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday to myself (NOT BAD!) Working those 12 and 12 hour days were gonna kill me, thou...what the hell I look like a damn surgery intern fresh off Grey's Anatomy?!?!?

Dealing the trains in the morning, those damn school kids...

I'll have to get up at 5, leave by 6am to hopefully get to Downtown BK by 7am, then coming home...dealing with rush hour!

Oh well, at least I can see Prime Time TV again, and those 3 days free, I can do something...

Like get my license or go back to school.

I wanna see if I can do this for a full year, first. With no inter-office drama, politics, or downsizing.

Just pray the damn work environment is cool.

I start in two weeks on April 9th, I've decided to give a week's notice and take off next week for myself, I need the break.

These putzes at the Bank of NY don't deserve a two week notice, I'm jumping ship pronto!

*sigh*

"All in Together, now...Things are looking good, gettin' better now..."

Comments

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home