"A series of events, none that are unfortunate."

The weather was so nice at one point this week, now as I type this Freezing-Rain/Sleet-Snow sprinkles the cold air as the sky pales into a milky white.

This week and the next will represent the beginning of the end at work. Next Thursday, the 22nd, the remaining Big Accounts will transfer over leaving us with a reduced workload that probably one scanner can handle on his own.

I'm at the end of my rope with this place anyway. The Jamaican floor supervisor, Sandra has been pissing me off and breaking my balls criticizing my work procedure. I do my work one way, she wants it done a different way that's much, much slower.

So I keep telling myself, "Jus one more fuckin' week...and all this'll be over."

I believe if the workload does get incredibly easy, I will be relieved from my post and reassigned to some tedious task (Like letter opening...) till my release date in April. If that happens I will resign and contact these temp agencies that have been trying to start me on something.

There is a sliver of hope, though. The human resource people at JPMorganChase have finally given me a shot at an interview early. For a weekend position. I'd work only 20 hours between Saturday and Sunday. It's not much, but it's a permanent position with the bank AND it's also in the Document Scanning field.

A job interview on Saturday, St. Patrick's Day...that is a first.

If the money's right (I don't mind the 11 hour work day or the fact that it's in Downtown Brooklyn), I can use this as the ultimate excuse to FINALLY go back to school. There would be no conflicts now, with Monday thru Friday available.

Is this actually happening? Are all the pieces finally coming together? All I need is 18 months to get a degree in anything computer related, then I can write my ticket.

There's so much other shit going on...

Psycho-Lesbo Sis received her some of her Income Tax return and is still hell bent of finding another Section 8 Apartment somewhere and moving. She's doing the Love/Hate relationship with Memphis Bleek and lord only knows how Baby Girl's dealing with all that drama right in the middle of things.

MOM keeps talking about her problems at work. She's approaching the last straw with her co-workers and is slowing bringing her personal stuff home in the event of be fired or quitting on a whim. She keeps talking about getting to 62 and trying to do the senior citizen public housing thing, trying to get our apartment subsidized. She's only 58, so she just wants to start babysitting children again to get by (There was a time she did this when we first moved here, I was around 11 or 12 and mom was taking care of up to 7 kids after school...), she's running out of steam and it's gonna fall on ME to support her somehow.

The only thing that keeps me going is Leeloo.

She's given me "The strength of 10 Men, because my Heart is Pure" (Got that from Spenser, who I'm sure got that from someone else...). I'm so in sync with her.

I can tell when it's her "Time of the Month", when she feels sad, when she's preoccupied my something else...I'm just so INTO her, and she appreciates all the attention I give her.

We were supposed to get together but she had a errand to do with her mother so we made plans for next friday.

So, I lie here...in my room, the window cracked open a bit to let the winter breeze in. I'm naked, with a thin cover sheet draped over me.

I have a list of things to do, myself...

I need to get a haircut, and I wanted to see I could get a new suit jacket for the interview from the Big and Tall place on 23rd, I need to get my dress pants from the cleaners, pay 75 dollars to the tax man, and pay the cable bill.

But I'm just lying here...while school children come home from school, people fight the snow to come home from work.

I'm so glad, I wasn't out there...last night it was just rain.

What is going to happen with me?

I lie on my back and feel the sheet against my body...my mind wanders and I imagine Leeloo sitting up over me, a leg on each side of my bare torso...she traces her hand around my stomach and I start to sigh...I fantasize us making love for awhile and come to my senses.

There's work to do, and time is something you don't have a luxury of...

"You're gonna haveta go Out There." I whisper to no one.

It was 4pm, now...and it didn't look like it was gonna get any better.

I had to go...Out There.

Comments

1 Comments:

  • At 1:02 PM, Blogger ac said…

    I love reading your blog. You are just SO cool. Good luck with the interview. ac

     

Post a Comment

<< Home