"WARNING:Email Scam Alert!!!"

To anyone who has Paypal and uses it to pay from eBay transactions and stuff be on a lookout for an fake email that asks you to update your account information with the threat of suspension by March 24th, 2007. The date in red letters making look urgent. There's a link in the email that supposedly takes you to PayPal.com to update your info, but if you notice, the URL starts with number (200.29.161.100) which means it's not really what it seems.

If you already went to this site and "updated" you information, don't panic, just go to the real paypal.com website and change your password and security question.

Keep in mind, paypal or other legit websites NEVER ask for pin numbers, or social security numbers.

I came pretty close to falling for this scam, but I have a dummy account I use when I don't trust something 100% and they just tried to do a transaction for skype (That Internet Telephone service). I caught it and paypal's taking care of it.

Stay sharp folks, don't fall for the Banana in the Tailpipe.

PeacE!

Comments

1 Comments:

  • At 10:21 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    We got an email like this and Jamie is smart-he saw where it was going and deleted it.

    I wouldn't have known, I'm a 'tard that way.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home