"Heavier Sigh"

I think Tea Leoni said it best in "Bad Boys"...

"It's been a Shitty Week."

The weather is trying to be nice and sunny, but the winds are still keeping shit brisk as a motherf*cker. I've been roaming the neighborhood all week, going stir crazy in that fucking house. I go to the library, check out like 6 DVD's and watch them all in about 2 days and go back to get more.

I've seen so many depressing movies my wrist's have been attracting razor blades like if I was "Magneto" in X-Men...."The Family Stone", "Running With Scissors", "The Royal Tannenbaum's", "The Weather Man", "Dark Water", "The Lake House".

Mostly dark comedies or "Day in the Life" Drama of depressing losers...My god did you see "The Weather Man"?...I had to explain the whole "Camel Toe" thing to MOM who didn't get the term, how embarrassing is that!?!? (Thankfully, I had a good example to show...courtesy of FIRE5...)

I can't remember the last date with "Leeloo". It's like since the "Batcave Disaster" we've barely spoken. She keeps saying she sick with stomach problems and the runs (I didn't wanna use The "D" Word). At one point, frustration got the best of me with some of her "IM Manner" (The way she carries an IM Conversation) and things may have soured between us. I tried to patch it up by now and I think we're cool, but something tells me this is not going to end with a fairy tale ending.

I've resorted to laying low, as a test to see if she'll miss me, if I don't hear from her within a week, I'll take that as a sign of disinterest.

...

When one relives a tragic memory around it's anniversary, they may be prone to odd habits that somehow connect with the person that may or may not have been lost or changed that fateful day. Knitting a sweater or blanket for a child that miscarried for example...

I braid Lanyard, or what other people may call Gimp or Boondoogle, the french also call it Scoubidou.

Every year I make dozens of bands in all different colors. One year I made over a hundred. I put them on keychain rings, I save them and put them away every year. I give some to Baby Girl, but sometimes she keeps them on her after I'm done and when I see them any other time of the year it just breaks me down.

Diedre loved making them.

I don't know where the fascination came from. Before meeting her I remember doing Lanyard in the 5th grade, I always thought it was a chick thing to do. Maybe because all I could do back then was "The Box". Everyone would do all the cool designs...
The Chinese Staircase (Is that PC to say now?, I wonder if they call it The Asian Staircase instead?), The Cobra, The Spiral, the Triangle, The Butterfly...but all I could do was The Boring Ol' Box.

"Don't you wanna learn anything else?" she would ask me...

and I'd be like "Nah, I like The Box, it's simple, it's even, it's frim, neat, cut and dry...Just like Me."

Yeah, a box...plain, ordinary, run of the mill, nothing special...it was the ultimate definition of who I am and what I'll be for the rest of my life.

Recently, I finally taught myself how to do the others, thanks to This Website which shows you step by step how to do any braid (Complete with pictures.) I found it around 5 years ago while I was working in Yonkers. I usually get the plastic string I use in bunches rather than spools because I only do this in April to remember her. I have various colors and glow in the dark types, even some with sparkles (Sorta like LA Gear Shoelaces!)

So, walking around alone, braiding and watching sad movies have been the Highlights of my week.

It's been hard to bring myself to post anything (Not that I wanted to, remember? I'm supposedly taking a break.) but I made this post to say how disappointed by the "Ask Jet Q&A" turnout...

Before friday morning, there was no questions asked.

Times like this I keep wondering if anyone's reading at all...

Well, I'm starting this new job next week, God Help Me.

Going to bed at 10am, waking up at 5am, to leave the house by at least 6am, to get to work at 7am and work till 5pm! Dealing with damn school kids on the train again! Well at least it's only on Mondays and Tuesdays.

But if this week is ANY indication...Wednesday-Friday imma be going outta my mind with boredom.

Comments

3 Comments:

  • At 6:44 AM, Blogger ac said…

    Sorry you are feeling down. Hang in there big man. ac

     
  • At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "Yeah, a box...plain, ordinary, run of the mill, nothing special...it was the ultimate definition of who I am and what I'll be for the rest of my life"....

    I don't believe this to be true at all.

    I still read here. Everyday whether I read everyone else's blogs, you and FS5 are the blogs I open daily. [several times a day infact just to see if anything new is happening in both of your lives]

    I didn't ask questions because well, I don't have questions for you. I think the only thing I've ever really wanted to know are things you've already told us.

    I only asked the Q & A thing once upon a time because I got tired of the "nosey" questions I'd get from people in my Inbox. And it's not that I thought they were rude it's just they seemed to be the same all the time.

    Sorry to hear things with Leeloo are turning "weird" to say the least. It happens...but don't be discouraged. People change and sometimes things can seem overwhelming. Especially when they're going along so smoothly. The whole "batcave" incident? Well, I'm sure worse things have happened in her life so I wouldn't worry about that. I haven't read any stories of her stepping up to the plate to offer a suggestion, because if she had I would have read about it by now.

    Love is a two way street..remember that. But you're right in wanting to ease up and see how she plays this all out now...that's the only way you will know.

    As far as you making those Lanyard things-my daughter does those. To the point we have hundreds and I have to force her to stop for a while. We've all got them on our keychains, zippers, etc. They are cute...

    Have a great Easter Jet. Good luck starting the new job next week. I'll be thinkin' aboutcha on my way to work Monday morning. Me on my drive and you dealing with highschoolers. But you know what...that's gonna be a big eye opener with those kids. Imagine the blogging material you'll hear?!

    **blogger wouldn't let me log in**
    ~KimmyK

     
  • At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have questions. I've been so tired lately. No excuse!

    Are you an only child?
    Who is baby girl?
    Where did you meet LeeLoo?
    What's your favorite food?
    Do you cook?
    How tall are you?
    Was that really your butt in the picture?
    What do you do for a living?
    Have you always lived in NY?
    Do you like to dance?
    What's your favorite color?
    And aren't you sorry you asked?

    It's me Summer, I typed this all up and then realized you weren't on the new blogger and I didn't want to lose what I typed and oh hell...o!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home