"I'm ready to go in, Coach. Just give me a chance...all psychological!!...Got to stay in a positive frame of mind!!"

Been on this job for about two weeks, now...

And I can tell, I don't like it.

I came there to SCAN, I am a SCANNER, damnit! I am a SCANNING MAN, a SCANNING MAN, MAN!!! The weekend and Day Shift have plenty of scanners, backup scanners and people that KNOW how to scan there but do other things elsewhere.

And what am I doing? Rubber-Banding Scanned documents and searching spreadsheets all damn day!

It's like I'm this exclusive Restaurant Chef and all I'm doing is cutting lemons in the kitchen!

I'm sitting on the bench picking splinters outta my ass!!!!

I know, maybe I'm just being impatient..."you gotta crawl before you can walk" and all that bullshit...

But people are coming and going in this outfit it's freaking crazy!

Everyone talks about quitting and getting out...

It's like I'm in the TV Show "Prison Break" or some shit!

Getting up at 4am, working weekends, this is some bull...

It it weren't for the Stupid Amount of Money I'm making, I'd jump ship and find something else. They're so Production Oriented and Deadline Driven, sometimes it's a madhouse!

"Mailbox Number 13014 has a 10am Deadline, get those batches to the mailroom, NOW!"

"Oh-FourTeen!!!...Oh-FourTeen, people!!!, HUSTLE!!!"

And these IDIOT mail extractors, batch up the work and give it to the scanners, THEN something goes wrong and they have to take it back!

"This batch had the wrong materials for the check, we need it back!"

Or...

"This batch is missing a check and it wasn't scanned, where is it?!?!"

People gotta drop everything and search HUNDREDS of batches to find ONE DAMN check!

Everything is Color Coded and has special terms (That reminds me, I need to check the "The free dictionary, Wikipedia" and look up "Truncated" that word is EVERYWHERE)

They even have a pet name for the work they inherited from my old job at the Bank of New York, they associated it with people from there, too..."BONY"...I'm BONY.

I was like "Boney?!?!...I've never been THAT skinny in my life, and I'm sure as hell not Boney, now!"...then they show me the stamp that says "B.O.N.Y." for BANK OF NEW YORK and I'm like "Ohhhhh..." cute.

This is crazy...People tell me to be vocal...speak up. If you wanna scan you tell them you wanna scan and eventually some people go on vacation or move around or whatever...

The weekend has a better chance of me scanning, but they keep blending shifts in...

People from the night shift stay a few more damn hours...lines of who does what get blurred, it's chaos. MONDAY's are the worst days of the week, I get so happy when Tuesday finally arrives, but then Saturday, I wanna jus wanna die...working 12 hours back to back, I miss my saturday morning cartoons and the simpsons on sunday nights...

I'll see how I feel in 3 months, make some quick serious cash and re-examine my life at the moment.

Meanwhile, support from the family is WAY outta question...


ALTERNATE TITLES FOR THIS POST:
"Take that Badge, and Shove it up your Ass"

Comments

6 Comments:

  • At 7:52 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    do you really want these people to see what you got? hold your cards close and keep your poker face on..and just when the shit hits the fan you can step up and play the hero. wait for your moment to shine...then my friend, you can negotiate. 3 months? you can do it. remember...it's all about the freedom.

    freedom = laying around naked and getting booty calls.

     
  • At 5:28 AM, Blogger Summer said…

    We don't need no steenkin' badges.

     
  • At 2:01 PM, Blogger ac said…

    Put him in coach. PUT JET IN!

     
  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger Summer said…

    ac... When I first heard the words to that song I thought he was talking about coach seats on an airplane. Ha!

     
  • At 10:03 PM, Blogger Les said…

    LOL, sorry...It's from the movie "Ace Ventura:Pet Detective", I was hoping the picture would help...a very funny scene when he plays a crazy athlete investigating a psych home...it was either that or I was gonna find a pic of Chris Tucker and do the "Shove the badge up your Ass" title...thanks for readin anyway...*Smile*

     
  • At 11:06 AM, Blogger ac said…

    Summer: snort

    Jet: I love that song... Oh cool... Now it's stuck in my head. HA!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home