"Rappin' with J-E-T"

Second day, the plot thickens.

A few people may remember my Spin-Off Blog in which I posted my early days at the Bank of New York...

Back then I mentioned that "There's always one in every office..."

Some dickhead who goes out of his way stand out, thinks he can tell everyone what to do, how to do it...the Terell Owens, Keshawn Johnson...the Superstar of the Group. He wasn't there on my first day, but today...I encountered "Calvin".

I could go on and on recalling why such a jerk-off has rubbed me the wrong way already but I will in possible future posts (I'm posting too much as it is for a so-called sabbatical...) but I rather rant on the inane task I had to do ALL day...

With Calvin back, him and John worked the scanners, when John's started to give him trouble. Scanners...prone to technical problems 65 times outta 100. But it didn't matter...I wasn't tailing John everywhere like a shadow...I was sitting at a desk..."Wrappin".

Such a technical term...

After everything is scanned, batches are broken down by Document Makers (Multi-colored of course) and the documentation is sorted in various boxes to be prepared to be shipped back from the mail room via various deliver methods. This is usually done by IBML (That's the fancy name for the scanning department...) associate Nadja or Nargia, I'm so bad with names...a pettite hindu-indian lady with glasses who looks like the little girl in the movie "Bend it Like Beckam".

I'm helping her all morning, rubber-banding 4-40 sheets every 2 minutes and chucking them in Mailing Buckets.

I HATE rubber bands...I have a fear of them! They snap your fingers, they can put out an eye...every chance you stretch one to a limit, you taking a chance with your life!

So I'm steady away, doing my thing, when Calvin approaches me to inform me that some colors have more precedence than others...

Everything here in this office so far has been based on productivity statistics and deadlines!

They have daily meetings discussing how well each day was and patting each other on the back to those who (I guess) deserved some recognition. It's almost phony in a way...BUT I KEEP TELLING MYSELF...It's only for those two days...Maybe things are different on the weekend.

They damn near better be.

I expect to actually SCAN this weekend, and if they have more than one extra scanner along side with me, there might be a discrepancy up in here!

Well, Day Two is in the record books, I have 3 days to myself before the REAL test to see if I can deal with this 4 days in a row, it can only get more interesting...

NOW it's time for Topic Shift...

I've been off Yahoo IM since friday, haven't had any contact with Leeloo...

This game of chicken I'm playing is some dangerous shit. I HAVE to hold out in hopes of her making contact first, I have to see if she actually misses me...

I've been so tempted to blink...

Her BIRTHDAY is coming up, damnit!

What should I do?

I'm so torn...but then I keep hearing Sandra Bullock's voice from the movie "The Lake House"...

"Just Wait...Wait....Wait...."

(It's a very good movie...)

Comments

3 Comments:

  • At 5:34 AM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    Are these guys you've worked with before? Let 'em know whose boss Jet, it's best to establish that from the get-go.

    I loved that movie Lake House. If you don't hear from her by her birthday, I would still send out the Happy Birthday shout out. Only because it's her special day, and maybe it will open the lines of communication. Has she sent any IM's to you? Weird.

     
  • At 12:39 PM, Blogger Ladyred said…

    I musta missed a lot of shit because I didn't see where it went downhill with Leeloo, or where the Q&A is. I'm slow I know

     
  • At 6:18 PM, Blogger Les said…

    I wanna send her an email, but I just wish she'd CALL! I dunno...the weather hasn't been giving any hope for any dates anyway...but if I've become a nuisance to her with my daily IM's then fine...but we should be able to talk on the phone once in awhile...

    Don't feel bad, red...things happen quick sometimes...get some questions ready...ANYthing!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home