"Ahhhhh, Here we Go..."

Did my job interview today. Got there nice and early only to find out my original contact was OUT that afternoon...

I had a premonition that would happen, too...for some strange reason.

I feel, if you have an interview appointment and you can't make it, you should reschedule. Don't have a subordinate do the interview or someone else non-related to the damn position the person's going for...it's so unprofessional!

So, I'm there (Decked out suit in 70 degree weather!!!) and they decided to call my contact's SISTER who happens to be the 2nd shift manager/supervisor (whatever?!)...talk about a Family business.

Anyhoo...the place I was applying for is called Datum Legal (Which kinda makes me think it sounds like "Dat 'um Legal"...like some ghetto slang like..."Dat' um Legal Shit, knawmeen?"

You walk in, all you see is Boxes along Boxes of documents...EVERYWHERE! lining the walls, in the hallways, even covering the damn windows!

"Well, at least there won't be any shortage of work.." I thought.

This immediately took me back to one of my first Scanning Gigs, working for a legal firm in the Village called DeBari Associates. They had the entire floor of a Loft and there was nothing but Scanners, Printers and computers everywhere, along with boxes of documents and thousands of reams of paper in all different colors, like a Kinkos or something. A ream (400-500 pages of blank paper wrapped) would look like a key of cocaine so people would be joking around and yelling "Give me 25 Keys of Green!" Or "I need 10 Keys of White, stat!", "Go get some Keys, these printers are running low..."

It's white-collar Office supply humor, you gotta be there to appreciate it.

Back to the present...the new place felt familiar, I come face to face with my potential supervisor and she turns out to be a teeny-bopper extra from the damn "Chicken Noodle Soup" video. She couldn't be older than 20!

Now, I have no problem with have female supervisors, they usually be cool because they not afraid imma take their job like a paranoid, player-hatin' brother just waiting to stab in the leg to make sure you stay where you at...BUT when it comes to someone MUCH younger...I can't HELP to think back to my library days when I got heat for temporarily replacing my supervisor after she was injured in a car accident.

The clerks and pages took ahwile to give me my props, but I eventually earned their respect at the tender age of 21 (only to be fired later...).

Back to the interview (Damn I did a lot of reminiscing here didn't I?)...

We didn't talk much, jus a formal introduction and then she gave me some sorta Interview Questionnaire to fill out and left me alone in the room for 5 minutes. This was sorta a nice twist, I never get to put the words together to get my point across in a verbal interview, with a written one, I can think and write a presentable answer.

The young lady came back with another woman who was the Day-Shift supervisor and she did the rest of the interview. She asked me about my last job, I didn't even MENTION Chase, jus said that the Bank of New York let me go a month ago due to the merger. I then showed off my Production Totals from previous IPS assignments (The UN, Detsuche Bank in Miami, etc, etc...) letting them I handle 7 to 8000 documents a shift, yadda, yadda, yadda...

They then explained the job, 4pm-Midnight, weekends, 5 days a week (Meaning if I work Saturday AND Sunday, I get two days off DURING the week, which is cool...), and they'll take a day to make a decision (probably pass everything on to the person I was SUPPOSED to talk to!) and I should hear from them by hopefully friday...we'll see.

The whole ordeal took no more than 15 minutes. After all the worrying all damn day!

Well, it's been my experience that the shortest interviews usually lead to me getting the job...

I took the scenic way home on the uptown bus, not realizing it was going on rush hour and the damn school kids would be on their way home. I had this one hyper ass brat sitting next to me that kept kicking the shit outta me and wouldn't sit still!

I didn't get home till 6 (Maybe it was TOO scenic...) and when I did I plopped right on my bed (once I took off my damn suit!).

I finally had an insane IM chat with Irene in which I was able some of the feelings I feel for her while she seem a bit over the edge (maybe I'll post the chat later...)

TOMORROW is Judgment Day, I'm going to get this sonogram thingy for the family jewels to see what's going on there...

I am SO freaking out, you can't imagine!

PEACE!

Comments

1 Comments:

  • At 11:50 AM, Blogger ac said…

    Oooo... You had a chat with your CSK. Interesting. Spill. HA!
    I love it when you reminisce. You give good background.
    Good luck with getting the job. Sounds like you would be perfect. Even better luck with the medical thing. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and sending positive vibes your way. ac

     

Post a Comment

<< Home