"The greatest trick The Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he Did not Exist"

*sigh*

Mom said they'd be days like this...

It's just not working out at work.

I wanna scan, I'm in the room, and and I'm not scanning. Now I'm outta the room, pre-extracting mail and making batches.

The scanning room has become full with people with nothing to do.

They have 2 scanners, 2 people looking for Pass Two Checks, 2 encoders, a Mailroom Sorter, a Truncater, and at least 3 wrappers, along with 2 people looking up rejects.

Between the Night Shift lingering and Day Shift arriving there's at least 12 people in there at once!

But it's only on Monday and Tuesday it's that full because some of the Day Shift are Weekend Shift (like me)...From what I hear, Wednesday thru Thursday, there's only 5 people in the room and they get swamped with the work.

The Weekend, it's little better, the most in the room at a time is probably 8.

The last few weekends, thou...I haven't even been IN the scanning room! I've been pulled to help Pre-Extract Mail.

Pre-Extracting mail is basically letter opening and sorting checks...PAPER PUSHING! Which is NOT my favorite thing to do!

I couldn't take it today, so I raised up...

Apparently, it was the decision of The Powers That Be that I would be cross-trained for an indefinite amount of time. Learn the operation from the ground up, walk in their shoes, sorta speak. So I can identify with the process at hand and give my fellow co-workers the respect they deserve and admire they duties.

Heh, Heh...I don't THINK so.

Just because you go to a new school, you don't learn the damn Alphabet, again.

I know this shit is done, I've seen it with my own TWO eyes! If they don't have anything for me to do, if there are too many cooks in the gaddamn kitchen, then SOMEBODY's gotta go!

and with that, I came to a decision.

I QUIT!

Tomorrow, May 13th, Mother's Day, 2007, Thirty Three days or 4 weeks and 5 days after starting, will be my last day Pre-Extracting for JPMorganChase.

Stupid amount of Money or no, it is NOT worth my dignity. I WILL find something better, on MY terms, back in the city, Night Shift, Day Shift, whatever, I will survive.

It'll be great to have my weekends back. See my Saturday Morning Cartoons.

I'm just wondering...

How the hell am I gonna tell MOM?

Labels:

Comments

2 Comments:

  • At 7:21 AM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    Uhhh....maybe quitting isn't such a great idea til you find another job? Ya know...saving money and getting a place of your own...? Remember that dream?

    Oh geez. Whatever you choose to do good luck to ya! Maybe you should just talk with the 'Powers that be' and maybe y'all can come to a middle ground?

     
  • At 1:43 PM, Blogger ac said…

    The Captain got put on a boat in the river. He hates the river. It sucks over there. He wanted to quit because he said he would never get back on the east side... where the going is good. He didn't quit. He stuck it out and now he's back on the east side making time and a half. Easy money! Whatever you do Jet, good luck to you. Hugs! ac

     

Post a Comment

<< Home