"No Itchy & Scratchy Money Accepted Here..."

First off, I jus heard a stream of the Bjork Concert 2 blocks away from me at the United Palace. The set list was a lil different that Radio City.

She played "Hunter", "Bachlorette", AND "Hyperballad" which means I'm angry and glad I didn't go.

This time, she wore face paint to go with her colorful dress...how do I know? Because there were pictures taken and posted on Flickr, Here.

She looks part Native American, and part Ultimate Warrior (The Wrestler).

I know I've been going on and on about bjork for weeks now, I promise to get it out of my system...by Memorial Day.

Annnnnyhoooooo...Before my spider-man 3 adventure, I was telling ya'll about adjusting to Microsoft Vista. I did that post around 10pm thursday...

at 5am Friday morning...I wiped my hard drive and put Windows XP on.

Yes, people...It's THAT BAD!

It looks nice, there a few improved things folder wise (No more "MY Documents", jus "Documents" and yadda, yadda, yadda...), but there are compatibility issues. There was no avaiable driver for my webcam, the latest Internet Explorer has limits (I couldn't see LOST on abc.com!...I had missed the episode cuz of the concert...), it's just BAD...BAD, BAD, BAD!

It's like Disney Dollars...fake currency that looks nice, but not taken seriously.

There's a Simpsons Episode that makes fun, when Homer gets 1100 dollars in "Itchy & Scratchy Money" at Itchy & Scratchy Land...once he enters he finds out none of the stores take the "FUN" currency...

Luckly, Acer didn't put that many programs on their PC for me to lose (Jus anti-virus software...not even a DVD Player program or anything!).

And Before the "downgrade" I made an emergency disk that'll bring everything back to factory installed normal, so No Biggie.

With XP on, I have a very big canvas in which to paint my masterpiece...

I'm gonna need the right brushes...

Firefox will be first, then my DVD X COPY, again (Geez.).

Then, Office XP (I wonder how Office'07 is...), then someone of my Nero stuff and MP3 ripping software, then BitComet to get the last 3 Heroes episodes...

THEN, I gotta transfer stuff from "Teletran 8" (eMachines) and wipe that clean for MOM and Baby Girl...I have some questionable items I don't need to be found on there.

MOM's heading off to Jacksonville Wednesday for a week...I'll have the whole place to myself as well as 3 days off from work...

"Pinky, are YOU pondering what I'M pondering?" (Although, I would HARDLY call HIM "pinky" *wink*).

Okay, enough of the dirty talk, let's get back to business at hand, sorta speak...There I Go, again...

It's been one helluava week...Bjork, the Computer, Spider-Man...

Work was okay, too...still feel like the 7th Finger thou...and part of me wants to start hunting for maybe something else, just in case.

We'll see how Sunday holds up.

Peace!

P.S. the MUCH awaited answers of the "Ask Jet" segment with start monday, I promise.

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Comments

2 Comments:

  • At 9:47 AM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    a week with the joint to yourself with three days off taboot???? are you kidding me???

    this could be interesting if you play your cards right. *wink wink*

     
  • At 1:58 PM, Blogger ac said…

    I've been hearing bad things about Vista. You confirm my suspicions that Vista's not yet ready for prime time in ac land.
    MOM out of town and the place to yourself... Oh my.

    We want to know *everything*. ac

     

Post a Comment

<< Home