"The scariest words in the English Language: "Left Testicular Mass""

After yesterday's wild adventure, I was in no mood to see a doctor about ANYthing!

I'm starting to regret going to the doctor to get checked out in the first place, especially considering it was all for nothing due to that BI...

No, let me not go there...

My appointment was for 11:45am at the hospital on Fort Washington Avenue and 168th, across the street from The Battery and NY Road Runner's Indoor Track. I've never been to my neighborhood hospitals, the Jewsish community in Washington Heights keeps the place nice for the rich people (aka non black), hell, even Bill Clinton had his Bypass a few blocks nearby.

I make my way to radiology on the 3rd floor and got acquainted with that familiar scent called "Old People Smell". I submitted my paperwork and gave my insurance card (Thank god nothing went wrong!) then got one of those wristbands with my name attached to my arm. I was given directions to the waiting room, where several others were sitting in a line of seats.

It was around 11:15 when I arrived, I had no ideal if they were gonna make me wait so I brought my PSP with me. I played some variations of Sudoku games (Magic Sudoku, GO! Sudoku, Carol Vorderman's Sudoku...) and a IQ Game called "Mind Quiz" (Who says Video Game rot your Brain!?!?) and I was finally called...

Once again, I had a female doctor who asked if I was uncomfortable...I said no and was given a SMALL hospital gown to put on.

I'm not going in specifics, but the procedure took an HOUR, and was VERY, VERY difficult to endure! They couldn't get a good look, something was going wrong, I dunno...she had some learning assistant with her to oversee the whole thing and I heard her point out everything...

"There are the testis, the sperm goes from there to the urethra..."

I was SOOOOO embarrassed, I just wanted them to put me under. They needed me to breath and push(?) so "they" could move...or they were moving too much...OH! It was a nightmare.

Afterwards, they said I could put my clothes on and they'll send their report to my doctor...It almost sounded like they didn't know WHAT to do about my situation...I wanted to asked, but I just threw my clothes on and got the hell outta there!

As I finally walked out of the hospital, I tore off that damn wristband, looked over my left shoulder and whispered the name "Constantine", and went on my merry way...
(Don't know if ya'll gonna get that joke, but I couldn't resist...)

I walked back home since it was nice, I stopped by J. Hood Wright Park on Fort Washington, wandered around, sat in the sun...

I hope this job comes thru, I'm drawing blanks and I'm not hearing anything from any of the other things I thew my resume at.

Mom said I could try unemployment in June, but I'm sure to have some problems since I quit BEFORE getting laid off...

Memorial Day's around the corner, nothing will be biting till that Tuesday after...

Labels:

Comments

2 Comments:

  • At 6:19 PM, Blogger ac said…

    I'm sorry you were uncomfortable.
    I'm happy you went.
    Now come over here and let me give you a big hug.

     
  • At 8:07 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    Glad to hear you sucked it up and went.

    But in a twisted sort of way, now you know somewhat how it feels to be a woman going for a yearly pap exam with some stranger with their hands all up in your junk.

    Hope all turns out well. I'll be saying a prayer.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home