"Yay."

After getting a much needed haircut by my barber Jalu, I changed and left the house at 7pm to head downtown.

Radio City was crazy, the side walk to the regular entrance was packed with fans lingering around waiting for their other friends to arrive and stuff...

The banner up top said the show was SOLD OUT, so it was gonna be a full house!

I took a quick picture, then made my way to the Ticket Holder's Line at the back entrance.

I was lucky enough to be waved through the security check point without being frisked, probably because I was alone. I always wondered what would happen if they caught someone with a camera? It's a concert, you know they wanna take pictures!

I made my way to the seating area and took my seat. This time I was MUCH closer (I musta read that chart wrong!) I was 10 rows away on the right side (Her Right, my Left) of the stage, how cool was that!!

I'm gonna get into TOO many details of the group of people that were around my area in the audience...A loopy teeny-bopper with Pink dyed hair sat to my left, she too came alone but made friends with a pair of girls that flew in from somewhere to finish up the row, my right...a couple of nit-wits who probably got tickets from some corporate account where HE worked at and jus brought his girl along to try and impress her. Neither of them obviously knew who Bjork was, they were too busy working each other over and then left at the beginning of the encore (They came at the VERY last possible minute, too...), I had some dickhead kicking my chair behind me a few times, but that stopped in the middle of the show.

And the show, lets get on with it...

An opening act of African Drum percussion and break-beats started a 45 minute set at 8pm. They were alright, if you're into that wild jungle music...

A lil after 9, the lights went down and "Earth Intruders" started playing causing every one to rise outta their seats! The Brass Horns backup chorus that appeared on the SNL episode appeared first, still wearing the glowing colorful outfits (Taste the Rainbow!), THEN sporting a simple, red-orange, "Riding Hood"-like dress, the tiny 41 year old pixie pranced barefoot on stage.

I get the entire Set List from bjork.com tomorrow, but the concert had highlights of new songs from the upcoming album, with a sprinkle of classics. Some were received light while others damn near brought the house down!

She sang a nice rendition of "Venus as a boy" accapella and nearly moved me to tears with "All if Full of Love". They had a nice laser display for songs like "Where is the Line" and my latest favorite "Wanderlust", but there were SOME songs that really hyped up the audience too much...The Club Bangers like "Army of Me" and "Joga"...

Some dumbass fool actually jumped on the stage in the middle of "Joga", and danced across before getting tackled and carried away effortlessly and quickly by security without the song missing a beat.

She then capped off the show with "Pluto" and after a long wait came out and did two final songs.

A member of the audience screamed "Hyperballad!" at one point after, I cringed in horror, but thankfully she never performed the song.

Also missing was "Bachlorette" and my "5 Years", but I'm not sore...it was still a great show. I'll have memories of it for years to come.

Comments

1 Comments:

  • At 7:45 AM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    glad to hear you had a good time.

    so where's the pictures?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home