"I'll show you a RockSLIDE!!!!"

Damn, am I tired.

I finally saw "Rise of the Silver Surfer" at a 12:45am screening after work tonight.

The movie kicks Spider-Man 3's ass and is just as wacky and funny as Pirates 3 without the epic 3 hour running time. Still it could have been a bit longer...

There was a rumored sub-plot about the army girl Johnny falls for (or vice versa) was going to be Gah-Lak-Tus (Geez what a corny adaption of his original name!) replacement herald after the Surfer's betryal...she was gonna get fire powers too and become NOVA...eh, I guess that would have been too weird to swallow for the non-comic book fans in the audience.

Having similar elements of the first one, the movie really didn't take itself too seriously (compared to other comic book franchises) when it came to the freaky foursome...Their down-to-earth goofiness was very refreshing, but leaning a bit close to almost "American Pie"-like sexual humor. (Johnny's joke to Ben about sex for one, or even Mr. Fantastic's bachelor party!)

What had me in stitches was Stan Lee's cameo...possibly his best, yet!

The action was good, the surfer has gotta be the best CGI character since Golem and they gave him the perfect voice (Morpheus! aka Laurence Fishburne)

The joke at the end about Venice collapsing can only mean one obvious villain for part 3...The MOLE MAN!!!...YEAH! Someone get Danny DeVito on line 1!!! Or better yet, Verne Troyer aka Mini-me!...He'd be a cool Mole Man (if taken seriously...I guess...alright stick with DeVito!)

And the extra scene after the end credits opens the door for a Silver Surfer movie, too...thou, who would be the villain for that picture?

I wanna see "1408" next, I hear it's scary as hell...it damn well better be...

See you around, true believers!!!!

Comments

3 Comments:

  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    I think this is one I will probably have to put on my list. It's getting quite long. I haven't been to the movies in a very long time. I wish I had more time in my day. Maybe tomorrow I'll go..most likely alone because that's how it seems to be these days. Too bad ya didn't live closer we could pay for one and sneak into another. HA!

    Now, that last movie-I don't do spooky movies. I don't like screaming in the company of strangers thank you very much.

    Glad you enjoyed yourself. I just got home from Blockbuster and now I have 3 movies to watch this weekend.
    (Stomp the Yard, Night at the Museum [Abbie's pick-we've seen this 2x's already], Reno 911-Miami [Adam's pick] and Breach. Hopefully they'll be good.

     
  • At 7:31 AM, Blogger Firestarter5 said…

    Shouldn't you be lining up for the Transformers movie already? Isn't Live Free Die Hard this weekend?

     
  • At 10:17 PM, Blogger Les said…

    Don't worry, I'm dedicating all next week to transformers...I'm seeing that Tuesday at Midnight if possible!!! (Insert Insane Laughter Here)

    Die Hard is getting good reviews, I may check it out...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home