"...You can stand under my Umbrella, eh, eh, eh..."

How cool is that song?

I remember "Pon de Replay" came out and I was wondering "Who is this chick?", then the second album dropped and "S.O.S." was playing in all these cheerleader movies, but then she strayed away with that "Unfaithful" piano slow jam...but now Rihanna's back and album 3 sounds real good!

She was even on the Today Show this morning...

Is it me, thou...or does she sound like Nelly Furtado on this song?

Speaking of Nelly, I had to sell my ticket to her concert at MSG thursday...I found someone who worked near the UN and sold it for 60 dollars. (Which came in handy with this itty bitty check!)

I've been finally catching up to my music I've been downloading...

Rihanna, Carl Thomas, Lumidee, and Kimberly Locke.

I've been falling in love with Kimberly watching "Celebrity Fit-Club" on VH1 and I actually have a copy of her 1st album, "One Love", but this 2nd album, "Based on a True Story"...ehhhhh...

If it wasn't for R.Kelly, I think Carl Thomas would be one of the best "Soul Crooners" from Chicago. His latest album, "So Much Better" O.D.'s his "Baby, I'm sorry" flow he's known for. This album almost makes you feel guilty you a man! Either that or it's so damn depressing it makes you wanna slit your wrist! All right, you done her wrong, she won't take you back...MOVE ON!, Geez!

So, the 2 I'm pumping have been Rihanna and Lumidee...lotta people probably forgot Lumi with her "I'll Never Leave (Uh Oh...)" song, but she apparently got skillz, even for rhyming!

She could be the Puerto Rican answer to Lauryn Hill!

There's a track she did with Wyclef sampling the Whistle Song used in "Kill Bill vol. 1"

Rihanna has some good follow-up singles on her album..."Don't stop the Music", "Shut up and Drive", and a duet with Ne-Yo, "I hate that I Love You".

In other news...

Coming home from the clinic yesterday, I noticed an advancement in the neighborhood that I knew MOM was gonna be ecstatic about. So when I got home, I called her job and told her what the doctor told me, that everything was cool, for the moment...

"Child, you'll never guess what popped on 173rd street and St. Nicholas..." I said.

"What?"

"A Popeye's Chicken!, we done finally come home!"

A Popeye's in The Heights was like a Disney Store in Harlem (notice that it ain't there no more, LOL!)

MOM screamed in my ear on the phone! I could already hear her mouth watering...

"I THOUGHT I saw something on that corner!"

"Well, it's open, MOM...thought you would know!" I said, and then I finished the call.

Fast forward to last night...

I'm coming home from work on the bus. I finished "Hundred Dollar Baby", the ending was pretty damn depressing (guess Spenser can't win them all every time...), then I start listening to Carl Thomas again on my MP3 player, THAT didn't help...

at around 12:45am...It started POURING! Raining REAL hard...the raindrops were pelting the roof of the bus! Luckily I had brought my umbrella with me, but it was only a short shower!

I carried this damn thing with me all this time and I was lucky enough to be on the bus when I needed it!

A lotta people got soaked thou, it jus happened outta nowhere!

So, I get home around 1:05am, the pavement's wet, but it stopped raining...

I get home and open up the fridge for a drink, and what did I see inside? A box of leftover chicken from Popeye's!

My God, she didn't waste ANY time! She probably ran over there as soon as she came over the GWB (She works in Fort Lee, takes the bus over and back...)

It is her one weakness, that damn chicken...it would be the equivalent of them opening a Pizza Hut up here for me...

Oooh, jus the thought!

Well, she's never gonna lose any weight now...

Comments

4 Comments:

  • At 9:31 PM, Blogger Firestarter5 said…

    I used to work with a guy from Trinidad and all he wanted to eat was Popeye's chicken as well. I prefer KFC when the need arises.

     
  • At 5:52 AM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    I don't do any of those places anymore. I use to...but the whole rats in the KFC turned me off to all that.

    But at least she saved ya some, right? Your momma loves ya.

    I forgot Rihanna sang that Unfaithful song. She's a pretty girl.

     
  • At 11:02 AM, Blogger Les said…

    Oh, that chicken wasn't for me, that was for LATER!...LOL!....Me, I never touch that stuff, but she'll definitely reward the messenger...

     
  • At 12:22 PM, Blogger ac said…

    lol jet. You so funny!

    There's a popeye's chicken here in the hood. I won't be able to go past it ever again without thinking of yo momma. HA! ac

     

Post a Comment

<< Home