"Music makes me High..."

Jus been taking a break and listening to music to calm my nerves.

Everytime I wanna do something special on my days off it friggin' RAINS.

Been chatting and discovering new website ideal for cams but more "Bait & Switch" tricks.

I'm not about to be a website-peddling BOT trying to score points off email referrals.

So, I retereat back to this new chat network called userplane which at first I thought tries to con you into paying outta the ass to start your OWN chat network, but it's not necessary, you signup, get a user name and browse others.

ANYhoo...

Here are the tunes I'm pumping (I gotta update that Left Pane..):

"Stronger" by Kanye West - Yeah, he took the Daft Punk sample, but this song is catchy and once again full of the Kanye ego I once loved and respected. When he's not tackling social issues ("Diamonds from Sierra Leone") or trippin over his relationships ("Gold Digger" or his other Latest with John Mayer, "Bittersweet") his "I'M THE BEST OUT THERE!" flow is way better than the Diddy's, Eminem's or Fifddy's out there...

"Beautiful Girls" by Sean Kingston - Everyone's probably thinking "Who is this AKON-sounding, chubby lil kid?, and Why is he sampling Ben E. King's "Stand by Me"?" Well, I dunno who he is either, but this songs getting close to giving competition to Rihanna's "Umbrella" for the summer hit (Maybe they can share the title...). I saw the music video for this the first time yesterday, a nice throwback to the "Happy Days" Sock-Hop 50's and Modern Day "Skate-Key" 2K7. The dude looks like a young Ma$e if Mase was 20 pounds heavier...well at least he gives hope to the other chunky brothers out there that we can still get the ladies if we sing right...

"Everybody's Crazy" and "Everyday" by Mayaeni - Found this album on a blog, due said this chick's album is only available in Japan for some bizarre reason but she can sing her ass off...While I WON'T go that far, there were a couple of good tracks on it, especially "Everyday". She reminds me of that singer from back in the day, Res. I jus missed a show she did in New York (Well I was working anyway...) but she has highlights on her myspace page www.myspace.com/mayaenimusic check it out, it's good music.

"Beautiful Otherness" by Bent - Man, I can't BEGIN to explain how smooth this song is. What kills me is it's not by Moby, but it SHOULD be. Imma see if this is on blogmusik because I just can't put to words how I love this damn song. And it's NOT even recent! It came out 4 years ago!

"Red Season" by Star Castle - This may be a flashback to "The Who" era but this song's got catchy electric-piano chords (which remind me of something out of "Sonic the Hedgehog" or something...), similar to me getting into the Electric Light Orchestra, I'm tracking down more and more by this group.

And as usual, I'm jus getting started with this stuff, I got albums I haven't even listened to yet that I downloaded awhile back.

I just got Common this weekend, Paul Cole has finally resurfaced, Macy Gray I've had for the longest and haven't sat down to listen to, Velvet Revolver (I LOVE SLASH!), KimmyK's been going on about Elliott Yamin who's also been kicking ass on the VH1 Top 20 Countdown, I wanna look him up...I haven't given up on Rap, I jus got Pharohe Monch's latest, along with Canibus and Cilvaringz.

Well, that's about it, wish I had some other stuff to talk about, but as usual my life sucks at the moment.

Stay Frosty!

Comments

5 Comments:

  • At 3:54 PM, Blogger ac said…

    Ever heard an elo tune called 'Oxygen'? It's long been a fave of mine.

    "Love is like oxygen

    get too much and you get too high."

    rain rain go away ac

     
  • At 7:39 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    who sings that AC?

    I really don't have a favorite song right at the moment. I do like that Timbaland one though-the one I told ya about yesterday. [the way I are] and I've been listening to alot of alternative christian again. when in doubt...i've also been playing alot of old stuff i use to listen to. [creed-always reminds me of my buddy FS5] The music I listen to changes alot. I can't find a happy medium. Except I do not listen to Country. Gah.

     
  • At 11:48 AM, Blogger ac said…

    Kimmyk,

    Love is like oxygen is an Electric Light Orchestra tune. (elo)

    The Captain says this song is how he feels about me.

    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

     
  • At 9:10 PM, Blogger Ladyred said…

    gonna watch the Simpson movie??

    how much is it to get into a movie up there anyway?

     
  • At 1:53 AM, Blogger Les said…

    Yep! gonna see it friday morning (Working 2nd shift has it's advantages!). In manhattan a movie sets you back TEN or ELEVEN BUCKS!, there are 6.00 early morning discounts sometimes, Bronx, Brooklyn and Queens tickets still might cost 8. How much do tickets go for down in GA?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home