"Collision Course"

There are 3 railroad tracks in my head.

Each of them carries a Multi-car train led by a Locomotive going 80 miles per hour.

Track one: The Girl - Been talking to her online non-stop, shared secrets, divulged personal information, talked on the phone and even had a dream about her once. She in turn is going thru the same thing on her side...we're so sprung over each other it borderlining on scary. Now, you'd think my stupid ass would LEARN from LEELOO and shut the hell up about the developing possible relationship...But, I can't...I Got it BAD, Damnit!

Track two: The School - There's been...A DEVELOPMENT. Admissions have tried to contact my High School for proof I graduated (Transcript, Diploma, etc...) but there's been no reply...The DAMN SCHOOL is closed for renovation, WTF! I was contacted and told, I haven't been accepted yet (Despite a form letter I received about classes starting Sept. 4th) that I would need to send them something. With my diploma still in limbo, all I had was an incomplete copy of my Transcript that only reads 38 (of 40) credits. I faxed that over to them and then received a letter supposedly accepting me finally, but there's a good chance it's not official yet. All this going on and I've yet to start the whole damn financial aid process! The more I try to visualize this happening, the more it appears that it's NOT gonna happen.

Track three: The Job - I'm the last of the Mohicians. This month so far, three co-workers have had their Evaluation Reviews (followed by a raise probably) and one made her 500 hour commitment to GoodTemps thus has been hired on permanently. I'm the last temp there and may break 500 by Late September early October tops. Should I stay the course and hope this stays stable for a couple of years and THEN think about school? There's been a development that intrigues me. The 3rd Shift have become an Running Gag of the company. Everyone sees them as this "Breakfast Club" bunch of misfits and fuck-ups that can't even scan the simplest jobs correctly. They're regarded as a laughing stock, but then everyone gets pissed when they have fix their work. They have developed a reputation so large, if a important rush job comes in during the evening they are instructed NOT to touch. So what I'm thinking is, if 3rd Shift is such a group of idiots, why don't they fire them all and start fresh?!?!? Find a candidate from 1st or 2nd shift and ask them to transfer over and restart a new crew. But then they say "They don't wanna fire them all, some of them know people, their jus old people or people with other jobs", making all sorts of excuses, and plus, nobody wants to leave their shift. All this, I can't help thinking..."I can do it..." We'll see what happens when I make my 500 hours...

So all that's on my mind...I'm on the verge on burning myself out. With so much going on and the impeding...September promises to be an interesting month.

Comments

3 Comments:

  • At 1:33 PM, Blogger ac said…

    That's a lot of balls to have in the air! Hope everything turns out the way you would like. Good going on the girl front. If I were a young hot girl you'd be in big trouble. HA!

     
  • At 4:27 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    One day at a time my friend.
    Take things slow and steady with the girl. When is she coming to NY again? Soon isn't it?

    Secondly, FA takes a few minutes to complete online.

    http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/

    You can do this. Don't discourage yourself you can do this. If I can do this Jet, so can you. I'm excited for you!

     
  • At 9:13 AM, Blogger Ladyred said…

    Yea, you can do it. In my opinion, I would suggest going to school now instead of postponing it. Because then it will keep getting postponed. For various reasons liking needing more money (you will never make enough), the right time (it will never be the right time), when you get things straightened out with family/life/whatever (uh things won't be straightened out to your satisfaction).

    I say no time like the present. Go sooner, finish sooner.

    I hope I will have my degree before I'm 40.....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home