"Is it Live? or is it Memorex?"

Contrary to popular belief, Mr. Black is still alive and fully functional.

He's jus been away on holiday.

Life is SO full of Good Intentions.

This week in the wake of the DVD release of "300" I had this crazy ass idea to make a list of 300 things about me, tripling the various "100 Things" lists I've seen on KimmyK's and ShellBell's blog.

But alas, something else has devoured my online attention.

For I have discovered a new vice that nurtures my tortured soul.

A new website, with promises of social encounters, webcam chats, full expression profiles that scream of the dreaded myspace.

What I can't understand is why I can't find anyone local (within the city) that finds me interesting...

It's like, more that 600 miles away I'm Brad Pitt, but within 15 miles, I'm friggin' Steve Urkel...WTF?

I'm starting to talk to a VERY FINE young lady that's coming to New York soon, from MIAMI...

We seem to be hitting it off similar to Leeloo earlier this year, but c'mon...

Long distance relationships NEVER WORK.

I mean, what's the point?

Whatever, thou...I find myself, coming straight for home, hitting the chat room at 1:30am and chatting till like 4 or 5 in the morning.

I'm so addicted.

And it's not JUST online, they have a message board community listing various Meet & Greet parties...but they're real high class (P.Diddy "White-Tie" like gatherings...I don't have no damn white tuxedo to wear!)

Sooner or later I'll get the courage to attend a party...

Meanwhile on the work front...

The Grand Central area seems to be recuperating well from the accident weeks ago (Yeah, I'm positive it was JUST a freak incident now...), man the chaos seems to be spreading nationwide! From News Helicopers colliding in Arizona, to freeway collapses in Minnesota!

Jay said it best, man...

"Whole fucking world's against us, dude I swear to god!"

So, the commute is slowly getting back to normal and work is building up again (Yipee!) But now, we're getting a bit over our heads...

Too many projects are coming in with demanding deadlines!

20 Boxes that have to be done within 4 days...a quick 10 box project that must be completed over the weekend.

Yesterday we had some deadline of 10am today on some stuff, and The Chief didn't want to leave it to the 3rd Shift (Who apparently are a bunch of screw-ups?) so she asked for volunteers to stay longer...

And me being the Hermione Granger that I am, I jumped at the chance...

BUT, because I was still with the Temp Agency and not a direct hire yet...I couldn't stay.

They tried to work around it, saying "If you stay tonight, you have to take tomorrow night off..."

I said, "where's the fun in that? I just HAD two days off!"

Everyone erupted in laughter at my eagerness

Who was I kiddin', I WANTED MORE MONEY! And I was willing to TEST my body's endurance to get it!

But, my enthusiasm was noted and they decided to bite the bullet. From what I saw, a few people stayed to finish their current batches, but it didn't look like they'd make the deadline.

So, that's about it...

In family news, Psycho-Lesbo-Sis was supposed to Move into her new digs this week, but there was a snafu with the paperwork and things have been pushed to the 15th. She's trying to hatch some crazy-ass scheme to try to live in both places by leaving her Live-In Lesbo friend at the old place and still somehow pay the rent there while moving to the new place.

THEN, to make things worst, she just received an answer from another housing complex she applied with a long time ago, which is a bit better (Elevator, closer to the trains, yadda, yadda...) so she's gonna investigate THAT! I would be pissed how everything's falling in place for her, but in truth, I've haven't seen or heard from her in like 3 weeks since she doesn't have Baby Girl to drop off here anymore.

If she didn't have a baby, we'd probably NEVER see her!

And speaking of the lil Boo Boo, her idiot relatives down in North Carolina have arranged for her return home BY PLANE on the 21st. She'll be coming up with 2 other cousins of hers who were coming to NY to visit til Labor Day. 8 years old and on a plane...GEEZ!

Well, she did fly once before when we went down to Virgina for Christmas one year...I think she was only 5 back then.

Another thing with this plan is she's coming a week ahead of schedule...

Lesbo-Sis is contracted to work in the Parks till Labor-Day, there's a two week window where someone's gonna have to look over her in the morning...

I can sense the headache coming already...

Well, that's about as up to date as it gets here, folks...

Ya'll stay frosty wherever you at!

Comments

3 Comments:

  • At 5:00 PM, Blogger ac said…

    Thanks for posting. I was beginning to call this place home, I've been here so much waisting time and waiting for news. I missed ya. It's nice to know you are chatting it up with someone you like even if she is in Miami. Enjoy!

    I will keep baby girl if no one else volunteers. ac

     
  • At 6:19 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    Sounds like a lot has been happening since your last post. As far as the new chat program goes...just don't be showing your ass so quickly. Make the girls work for it.

    Little Boo will do just fine on the plane. She'll have a fun story to tell the class when she goes back in a few.

    As far as the chick in Miami? Isn't that where your friend is?? Kill two birds with one stone and go see both sometime.

    In the words of Will Smith:
    Party in the city where the heat is on
    All night on the beach till the break of dawn

    You can thank me later for having that song stuck in your head.

     
  • At 11:16 PM, Blogger Firestarter5 said…

    I rented 300 the other night. Hmm. Not overly impressed. The dvd has basically no special features at all.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home