"Ali vs. Frazier"

To be honest, I don't think ANYthing like this has happened in Hip Hop History...

When it comes to release dates, 9 times out of 10, one or the other headlining artist yields to give the other at least a week to shine...

I mean "Kingdom Come" by Jay-Z came out before Nas' "Hip Hop is Dead".

NEVER has two solid albums come out on the same day, with SO much at stake.

For those who don't watch MTV or have been living under a rock...

50 Cent (Idol to KimmyK's thug-in-training, Adam LOL, J/K) has promise to QUIT the game of Hip Hop if his latest album "Curtis" (50's real first name) doesn't sell more than Kanye West's "Graduation" in the first week.

Lotta people called 50's promise a publicity stunt to bring attention to himself, but think about it...

If there are a LOT of 50 cent HATERS out there, they might buy Kanye's album just out of spite. This could end up backfiring on 50's ass.

Credit-wise, Kanye has the better album, but people rarely support his music due to his ego and flack with the "George Bush doesn't care about Black People" thing.

To the rest of the world (outside of Hip Hop fans), it's the lesser of two evils...

Ya'll want your 10 year old kid in a doo-rag, shirtless throwing around bills singing "I get money, money I got!"

Or have him wearing pink polos with the collar turned up and big ass aviator shades standing up to his mom saying "Excuse me, were you saying something?, uh-un, CAN'T TELL ME NUNTHIN!!!"

ME, I went down to Borders and brought "Graduation" officially despite having the album 3 weeks earlier. My GOD it IS SO BANGING!!!!

I DO NOT dance, but something about "Flashing Lights" makes me almost want to dance, I love that song to death...

Whoever comes out, the people are the winners of this one, a rivalry this crazy can only bring out the best in each artist.

They really pushed this even at the VMA's this past weekend...



These two look like Hulk Hogan and Andre the Giant in that match at Wrestlemania 3!

Comments

5 Comments:

  • At 10:21 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    aren't they both on the same label?
    this has publicity stunt all over it and given Kanye's rant again at the Mtv awards I'm thinkin' they're not gonna give him much play at all. Not that they play videos anymore really.

    I asked Adam and he really doesn't like either anymore but he's more of a 50Cent fan than a Kanye. Adam is now a Soulja Boy whose got BIG THINGS POPPIN' these days.

    As far as talent goes-I give it to Kanye, but has he ever written anything of his own without sampling from another artist?

    50 dated Vivica. I remember when they showed up a few years ago together-that was insane. She looked good though. He was half naked. Crazy world that hip hop.

     
  • At 9:37 PM, Blogger ac said…

    Interesting.

    My money is on fiddy. I don't know nothin' 'bout no hip hop though so I'm probably wRong.

     
  • At 11:30 AM, Blogger Firestarter5 said…

    All I know is that Fiddy got stuck with a few shivs now he walks with a limp. I don't like any song he has put out.

    Kanye is like a little prissy bitch, but I like his Jesus Walks song.

     
  • At 2:28 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    I just heard the 50cent song with JT and Timbaland [Ayo Technology] and I can't get enough of it. It's a shake your butt kinna song. Like it lots. Kanye can piss off with his new song Stronger. Pfft.

    I know, probably hard to believe I actually know these songs-trust me-boggles my mind too.

     
  • At 6:13 PM, Blogger Les said…

    Kanye is on Def Jam and 50's on Interscope. I think 50 started it as a stunt and Kanye decided to go along with it, they seemed friendly on their appearances of TRL and 106 & Park. As for Kanye sampling...It's jus a part of the music...Kanye's the new P. Diddy...sampling everyone from Daft Punk to Michael Jackson...

    Ayo Technology is kinda catch, that Timberland beat reminds me of a Video Game from back in the day, "Blaster Master"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home