"A night at the REMIX"

SO!

Day 2 and Vix is in Ohio, doing who-knows-what...(Be Cool, Be Cool...)

So, I get up and see Jalu my barber for a shape-up.

I then came home and pressed my infamous "Priest" shirt that I've worn in previous sexual encounters...

2:30pm rolled on by and I stepped outta the door to head for work.

I stepped into the office flaunting my huge aviator Kanye West/Hunter S. Thompson mirror sunglasses and floored the co-workers by my entrance.

"Where did YOU come from?" someone asked.

In my best Morpheous impression I replied.

"It's not where I've BEEN, it's where I'm GOING, thereafter."

Work's still been light, but we got 20 boxes tuesday, that we've stretched a bit.

The chief planned to stretch it some more by sending us home at 8pm, but then asked for anyone who wanted to stay and I volunteered.

This new Merging-of-the-managers plan, having Scanning and Production managers work various 12, 4, and 6 hour blocks spread across shifts 1, 2 or 3 and cross-shifting both teams to become one unit is really becoming a pain in the ass. Distrust is slowly developing. The scanner fear that production is taking their jobs and production doesn't want anything to do with training us to work copier machines and stand on our feet for 8 hours.

The managers don't like only one of them working and manning two shifts at once. Walking from the left side of the office back to right side checking on both departments constantly...Working from 8am to 8pm, or 4pm to 12am, or 12am to 8am.

Everyone is getting wired, missing time with their kids and getting irritable.

Me and one other scanner stayed the full night while 3 production copy operators came over.

Midnight came and I Walked into the night.

REMIX is located in my old stomping grounds at the Bank of New York, near Park Place and City Hall.

I got down there at 1:00am. I stalked the entrance from a corner across the street. Waited a half hour as I saw lovely full figured ladies come in and out...

Took a deep breath and then got on line to go inside.

REMIX is an underground basement nightclub that's a bit of a broom closet. The DJ played all the latest club bangas. "I get money", "Crank Dat (Souja Boi)", "My Drink and my Two Step", "Buy you a Drink", "Let it Go", "Money in da Bank"...

Everyone was getting their dance on as I squeezed my way to the bar...

Once I got a seat, I was set. All the way near the end, I ordered a club soda and kept them coming...

I scanned the club felt comfortable among the crowd. No skinny, lanky punks, no paris hilton drama queens, jus regular people enjoying their size, and "Not-giving-a-damn, Yeah-I'm-wearing-That!" big girls in skin tight skirts and blouses with EVERYthing hanging out!

It would have been a feast for the eyes...if I wasn't thinking about, VIX.

As the music played on, the crowd got more packed and getting jostled while sitting became as routine as breathing. I took it in stride, "sure, feel free to cop-a-feel ladies...be my guest!"

The few highlights of the night were helping this guy get a chick's number by providing a pen (Jus call me "Hitch"!) and getting the attention of the bartender for a small lil shorty who could barely squeeze in.

One full figgas member did recognize me, a guy name keith who just been banned from the site after some chat-room drama with some haters. It made some news among the site a few weeks ago and we all thought he was set up.

Keith then went the corner where the bar ended and hung out with a group of ladies. I thought I recognized the organizer of the event who posted on the board and another member. I vaguely knew them but they weren't chat room regulars so I was too afraid to approach them.

A few ladies that sat next to me throughout the night gave me curious glances. I seem to have that sorta melancholy/nonchalant look on me when I go clubbing. I always get the "Are you Okay?, Alright? or even the occasional "Are you Alive?" question asked to me.

One lady sat next to me along with her 2 other friends further down.

She looked like she was dragged here kicking and screaming, she fiddled with her two-way for a bit, then looked up and noticed me.

"You look like you don't want to be here, EITHER" I joked, flashing my George Clooney grin.

That kinda threw her off from the usual jerk remark a regular guy would throw at her.

She kinda stared blankly, taking a bit too long on how to respond. Sizing me up, I guess.

Shy and hesitant, I decided to up the ante a bit...

"Tell, you what..." I yelled (You HAD to yell to get heard in there...)

"...You tell me what you HATE about men, and I'll play Devil's Advocate."

It's a nice way to start a conversation I made up...

Anything to get a chick talking about someone who done them wrong and give them a shoulder to cry on...

She actually smiled this time, but then got called away by her 2 friends as they moved towards the dance floor.

I turned my seat back to bar and said "Almost got 'er..."

I looked back at the bartender working on drinks. I counted her making 9 Long Island Iced Tea's making it the popular drink of the night.

I had a flashback of Brad Pitt in "Ocean's 11", him sitting at the bar sighing and the barkeep asks him "How's the game going?"...

"Longest hour of my life!" he yelled sarcastically back

But the he didn't hear Pitt and asked "What?"

Then Brad changed it and said "I'm running away with your wife!"

And the bartender jus gives him the thumbs up not paying attention...

Yeah, That's how I felt...Ol' Rusty (That was his name in the movie...yeah)

I stayed there listening to music and popping in seat till 3:30am then when a passage back to the exit presented itself, I was out.

Meh, it beat stewing at home, working the chatrooms and worrying about VIX.

I manage to get home by 4:30 and grabbed some zzz's at 5am.

2 days down...one more and it's over...

Comments

2 Comments:

  • At 6:21 AM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    shoulda worked it jet.
    got out there and shaked your money maker...

    i love how you tell a story though.

     
  • At 2:26 PM, Blogger ac said…

    I can just see you sitting there.
    You do tell a great story.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home