"Gone Baby Gone"

The movie Kicks ASS.

Who knew Ben Affleck could Direct THIS good?!?

Everybody with children should see this movie.

Yeah, it's about kidnappings and missing children, but it's REAL.

This movie showed the REAL world that's out there...

You know how in some movies like "Spider Man", everyone in New York City are beautiful and model-like? "Gone Baby Gone" shows the REAL Dorchester, Massachusetts. Dorchester is as hood as Baltimore, The Bronx, South Philly, or South Central...it's the real ghetto, where whites are jus a poor as the blacks, everyone knows everyone and nobody's pretty. You see some HUGE, homely, common folk in this movie. With Ben's younger baby-faced brother, Casey sporting Adidas sneakers and a jogging suit, wearing his crucifix and saint medallion, you'd think he was jus some punk with a funny accent, but he comes off great making one of the hardest choices a man can make.

The cast is fantastic, Morgan Freeman (damn, he's done a lotta movies this year!), Ed Harris are strong Oscar contenders. They adapted the book very well, and should maybe do another of the 5 book series. "Gone" is the third, thou...and with the ending, they really can't go back to the first two, I think they should just move ahead and do "Prayers for Rain". It was Amazon's Best Mystery of 1999, and the book that made me backtrack and read the others...it was also the last one of the series, so far and one wonders if Dennis Lehane will go back to his PI Duo of Kenzie and Gennaro when his non-genre novels (Mystic River, Shutter Island) and his TV writing (He's done storylines for "The Wire") are getting SO much acclaim.

So, Like I said, this movie has Oscar written all over it like "The Departed", I hope it gets noticed.

Comments

3 Comments:

  • At 7:10 AM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    Okay I gotta tell you I didn't read this post only because I want to see this movie-and I don't want any spoilers given to me about anything. But I'm glad you saw it and you liked it. The Departed was good in a rough kind of way much like I imagine this will be too.

    I hope things are well with you and thanks for the review. Hopefully I'll be seeing it this weekend.

     
  • At 10:38 AM, Blogger ac said…

    I gotta see this movie.

     
  • At 9:38 PM, Blogger Firestarter5 said…

    Ben Affleck directing his little brother. I'll wait for the dvd. I'll rent it just to see Morgan. He's just great.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home