"You wouldn't believe me If I told you."

*sigh*

Alright. It's been a few days, now so I can bring myself up to write this...

First off, no VIX is not in New York, yet. I think that would be obvious to ya'll because if she was here under any circumstance, things would be cool.

So, what happened?

*sigh*

I REALLY don't wanna say...it's jus something out of a Julia Roberts lame-ass romantic comedy...

Friday afternoon, the day before the flight (Saturday, remember?) she was walking in the hotel lobby and she slipped on the floor and hit her head. (Why she's at a hotel if a VERY long and personal background story I cannot reveal.), she was taken to the hospital room and the doctors looked her over, said she was okay, but gave her some medication to keep her cool.

Saturday, the day of the flight she had a bad reaction to the treatment. Water was getting into her lungs and she could not breathe. She was in the hospital practically all day and night, unable to speak, and denied access to cell phone to even send a text. Naturally, she missed her flight which didn't matter because she never gave me the information in the first place.

While all this was happening with her, I was at JFK, got sidetracked, got lost, ended up in Far Rockaway beach for awhile, came back and was basically running around Terminal to Terminal, looking for incoming flights, waiting for a call, a text, or something, while calling her furiously. Her flight was due at 7:30, I didn't arrive till 9pm, and I gave up at 11pm.

When I was back in manhattan, I finally started receiving text messages that she somehow snuck and did. She was finally able to talk (barely) by midnight, and as difficult it was for her, she conveyed her apologies and how bad she felt for all this happening.

I felt like blaming myself. As if I was cursed or something. You couldn't imagine how embarrassing and fustrated I was. I felt like backtracking the last few posts and pretend I never mentioned this stuff before.

I KNEW I should have NEVER had said anything...the SAME thing happened EARLIER this year!

But ALL is not lost.

She IS coming soon. She's practically recovered from that medical scare, and it's only a matter of time before she can try again.

The scattered details of her personal situation, I cannot explain, but she's really in a serious situation and has been since returning from the Ohio Meet and Greet.

We're keeping in touch, we miss each other terribly...we can't wait to be in each others arms.

The metaphor I used recently for this situation was that of a kid waiting to see his father come home from jail, only to have his parole fall through.

The disappointment is heartbreaking.

But SHE IS coming.

soon.

I don't plan to post anything relating to her again till she's here. Not Before, when she's actually HERE!

Comments

7 Comments:

  • At 12:53 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    Jet, I don't even know what to say.
    A part of me wants to say it's all gonna work out, but reading what you wrote the friend in me has to say...

    HUGE RED FLAGS my friend. HUGE. The clinical side of me wants to know what the hell medication they put her on for a bump on the head that caused her to build fluid in her lungs-because honestly, never EVER heard that before in the past 15 years of working around medicine. NEVER. And um, what sort of facility doesn't let her use a damn phone? Never heard of that either. It's America for fuks sake half the nurses I know at work walk around with their cell phones on themselves so...telling her she can't use a phone? Uhh yeah.

    So in my head I'm thinkin' you need to put some guards up-somethin' smells fishy...and it ain't me.

    Just being honest. Keep your chin up...and you shouldn't be one embarrassed.

     
  • At 10:30 PM, Blogger ac said…

    Steady as she goes big guy... Steady as she goes.

     
  • At 1:13 PM, Blogger Les said…

    I knew they'd be doubts between one of you...and I can't say anything that would defend the situation. I just have to stand fast and wait...

     
  • At 7:13 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    it's not doubts..okay it is. but not really. just red flags. things don't add up. 2 + 2 in this instance is 6. y'know what i'm sayin?

    i'm nobody jet when it comes to anything so don't pay attention to me. i'm just some woman in ohio who has read your blog for the past 3 years....that's all i know about you-the past 3 years of your life and little snippets of your past. i wish nothing but good things for you....

     
  • At 7:29 PM, Blogger Firestarter5 said…

    I think you're burying yourself to deep in emotions with someone you haven't even met yet.

    If it doesn't pan out, you will come crashing down. Count on it.

    Be forewarned....

     
  • At 11:06 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    FS5-You say that like you've been there.

    Care to explain?

    All I know is that people lie on the internet in chat rooms and they usually aren't who they say they are with regards to matters of the heart. 'Cept Fire.

     
  • At 7:35 PM, Blogger Firestarter5 said…

    It was before we collided Ruu. VP and LC was my second shot at online chatting.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home