"Advances in Technology...as well as Setbacks."

Hey,

I know I haven't been doin any personal updates lately, Life's been crazy, that's all.

MOM's whole Quest-for-HDTV has cascaded into this Big THING.

Someone clued her in that HDTV is pointless (unless you play nothing but HD-DVD's) WITHOUT Digital Cable.

SO, it was time to step into the future. (YAY!!!!!)

I have been waiting for this moment for so long.

Stealing statically, illegal, sound drowned out channels for 5 years...watching each and everyone slowly disappear and yearning for others I've only HEARD of.

TV-One, the Black Sitcom channel
MTV2
Boomerang
Toon Disney
Fuse
G4, the Gaming Network
GSN, damnit GEE-SSS-NNN

SO today we had Old Man Time Warner hook us up.

In exchange, my monthly contribution to the rent will decrease slightly to compensate for the skyrocketing Cable/Broadband Bill.

My God, experiencing all those channels for the first time was awe inspiring. If I didn't go out before, I damn sure won't be now...

In other news...

My quest for more music storage has hit a wall. I had brought a couple of 4GB SD cards for my MP3 player in hopes to hold more music. Unfortunately the cards were incompatible. My Panasonic Jukebox program can only put music on SD cards formated in FAT and apparently the highest memory card that can be formated that way is 2GBs. I've been investigating this a bit, trying to get in touch with Panasonic. They claim their player can use cards 4GB, 8GB and even 16. There was even a website that chat had the Full Compatibility List for all SD Card Devices from Cameras, Camcorders to MP3 players. My Panasonic SV-SD85 SHOULD be work with bigger cards.

First the SDHC Bullcrap now this...

I've been doing more research trying to find another MP3 Player with an Expansion Slot for Cards 4GB or Higher...

The only one seems to be This Alba Player overseas in London.

Finally, I have FOUND the MOTHERLODE of movie and software downloads!

This countdown site called http://www.top100bloggers.com/ lists the hottest blogs out there where you can download music, movies and software! I used the last few days of my expiring rapidshare account to get DVD quality ripped movie files of the Late Summer/Early Fall blockbusters. The Bourne Ultimatum, The Simpsons Movie, Balls of Fury, 30 Days of Night, and Resident Evil:Extinction. I've even picked up a few software programs to tweak up ol' XP including a Vista Package to make XP "LOOK" like the new Vista (Put thankfully not perform like it!) and a cool PS2 playing program that allows me to play PS2 discs in the PC.

I recommend checking out the list daily as a good source of the latest and greatest exclusive downloads.

Well, that's about it for now, work's been cool, still doing my thing of FF and gettin my freak on...

More updates on the way...

Peace!

Comments

2 Comments:

  • At 6:58 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    well isn't that interesting...

    thanks for the linkage to the 100blogger thingamajig.

     
  • At 8:50 PM, Blogger ac said…

    it was interesting. so much so that I gotta read it again.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home